• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by WBC.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Pike RCT3 150mm on a BFe?
  • WBC

After being messed around with an order for some Revelations that I never received I am back to square one with my BFe build.

Spent too long reading forum posts about the ideal forks for a BFe. Most people talk about the sweet spot being 120/130mm ish, others that a travel adjust 150m fork offers the best of both worlds with regards climbing and descending. Finally there are people who are happy with Lyrics/36’s etc. Obviously this is a topic that divides opinions and I originally settled on Revelation RCT3 Dual positions (150/120mm travel.

I guess the BFe can be built up into many different guises, but I want mine to be a a bit of a do-it-all. Current build spec is Zee 1×10, Flow EX’s, reverb, 50 mm stem, wide bars etc. The new Pike in the 150mm flavour keeps entering my mind as a fork option. I let my sensible side get the better of me previously by ordering the Revs, but now I’m getting tempted by the Pikes again. I can wait another couple of weeks for them to be available.

Do people think that the fixed length 150mm version would be too long? Don’t want to kill the ability to climb etc, but quite tempted by these as a fork. Any opinions welcome!

wwaswas

Cy was saying he’s getting Pikes in for their complete build bikes so it may be worth emailing him and seeing what he says?

WBC

Very useful info- many thanks. Will email and ask.

150mm fixed travel can’t be the devils work if the current BFe rolling chassis and complete bikes come with 150mm Revs.

Starting to feel a dull ache in my wallet!

_tom_
    Free Member

120mm felt about right on my BFe for most things. I reckon the dual position rev would be better than a fixed 150mm pike.

I_Ache
    Free Member

You do have the new BFe frame don’t you? I think Pikes are tapered only.

X-Fusion Slants might be worth a look. 34mm stanchions 15mm axle and if you get the DLA, travel adjust.

WBC

Yes, it’s the new frame with the 44mm head tube. The Slants are another option…

WBC

…perhaps the non DLA version with the travel internally reduced to 140mm

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Watching this with interest. I keep thinking about ditching my Soul and buying a Bfe and run it with 150/120 Fox 34s, but the new Pikes look like a good option…

WBC

I’m annoying myself with my own indecisiveness on this! If the Pikes came in 150/120 Dual Position version my mind would be made up

patriotpro
    Free Member

But the Pikes look sooooo good 8)

WBC

Think I am going to go for the Pikes. Emailed Cotic who advise they will be using them on Bfe and Rocket complete bikes.

chiefgrooveguru

If you can reduce the travel on the Pikes to 130 or 140 I’d go with them. But I’d start out with them at 150mm and see how you like it – just requires more precise control of the steering and getting out of the saddle to prevent unintentional wheelies when climbing. Slants are a good cheaper option if you’re happy having a 200mm front rotor! (I run a Soul with Fox 32 140s which are the same A-C length as the Slants or Pikes would be at 130).

robbonzo
    Free Member

on rockshox website it says there is a dual position air version of the Pike. job done.

jimthelad
    Free Member

I have just got fitted the new Marzocchi 55cr’s adjusted down to 150mm. They are the flippin’ real deal. Awesome, awesome things. Plus they look great! straight steerer, so on the newer BFe’s you can run an internal bottom HS cup keeping the front end slightly lower than a tapered steerer fork.

WBC

Dual position only come as 160/120 though and I think 160 is a bit too much 90% of the time.

Getting hold of the 150’s any time soon might be tricky. From one shop I have spoken to all the first batch are accounted for and next batch are not due until September.

Decisions, decisions…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Pike RCT3 150mm on a BFe?’ is closed to new replies.