Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • New Pegasus – say hello to my little friend
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a simple, refined, elegant looking bicycle. How are the graphics done; are they etched onto the frame?

Other manufacturers take note; lots of us really, really don't like huge logos and brand names all over our bikes. Less is more, you know? The logos on the tyres and fork spoil it.

baldSpot
    Free Member

nice frame

pedalhead
    Free Member

It's a sign I tell ya! First ride on the Pegasus, I mapped out a 65 mile route over & around the Chilterns, some of which I'd not ridden before. Within the first few miles I come across this in the middle of a paddock, totally out of place…

It's only a bloke riding a flippin Pegasus. Bizarre.

Anyway, thank the Gods of mountainbiking, because I'm happy to say I now own the best hardtail (best bike maybe) that I've ever ridden. You never really know if all the parts are gonna come together on a new build like this, but it's turned out exactly how I wanted it…super fast over long distances, and super comfy too. Whoever reckons a 29er handles slowly needs to have a go on this bike, it was just a joy through the twisty Chilterns singletrack today. The Lefty has definitely won me over as well. Very sensitive, not even a fraction of stiction, lovely thing.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The Lefty is a nice little fork 8)

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Envy. Thats the word.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Oh, and on the Lefty height thing, I went for the Ultra (well, a Max converted to an Ultra, but that's another story), which in stock form has 120mm travel, and 90mm when spaced out for 29er use. The axle-crown is 490mm (not affected by 29er conversion), and offset is a pretty standard 45mm. Being that the Pegasus is designed around a 470mm rigid fork, when you take into account the sag on the Lefty, it feels spot on to me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Love the Singular logo/typeface:

ilikebikes
    Free Member

It's not fair! I was pondering doing this to my Swift today (would like a Pegasus, so pretty). Now I know I can I gotta get a Lefty…..They are very pricey 😥

charliedontsurf

Pretty damned cute. I want one.

pedalhead
    Free Member

If you source the lefty from the 'States (cheaper), The Cannondale warranty is good in the UK too 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘New Pegasus – say hello to my little friend’ is closed to new replies.