Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New pads? XT brakes
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

As above, need some new pads but what? I really like the SS Kevlar pads in my Formula T1s but they now charge heaps to ship to Oz. Don’t need fancy-finned ones but I do like the feel of kevlar pads. Someone said that some Shimano discs specify resin pads but I’ve not seen that. EBC? UberBike? Other?

tomd
    Free Member

Some Shimano rotors are resin only but it’s etched all over them. Any reason not to just get the Shimano own brand pads? The resin ones are quite cheap and work very well. I’ve had variable quality from the cheap after market pads so gone back to the original pads.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

No reason, just in my head “kevlar brake pads” sounds awesome.

The discs do say resin only. Why is that?

Tracey

We have been running the Race matrix ones from Uberbike for a couple of years in all our XTs. Far better than anything else we have used.

sparkyrhino

+1 race marix,use both the finned and non finned,both work very well

aphex_2k
    Free Member

MMm I actually ordered some uberbike kevlar pads for my T1’s. Guess I should have posted this up before I asked about XT pads! Could have saved myself $10! The race matrix work ok on “resin only” discs then? Thanks Tracey / Sparky

kayak23

Uber race matrix here too on shimano rotors.
    Lovely stoppy goodness.

kiksy
    Free Member

Bought some Race matrix for Morzine, used the standard Shimano ones for first few days then switched to Race Matrix, took a run down to bed in (first couple corners were interesting! ) but never seemed to quite have the same bite as the Shimano ones. By the end of the week the Race Matrix were finished.

Bought more Shimano ones and instantly noticed they were better. I’m not saying the Race Matrix were bad, just that they weren’t as good as the Shimano ones, and they didn’t last very long so I won’t be bothering again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New pads? XT brakes’ is closed to new replies.