Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • New PACE steel hardtail
  • YoGrant
    Free Member

as seen at SSUK. NICE

tails
    Free Member

has it got an eccentric bb? there gonna be ooohh aaahhing like fireworks night in a mo

nukeproof
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm….nice

crispedwheel
    Free Member

why’s the chainstay a different colour/not painted?

steelfan
    Free Member

ooohh aaahh!! very nice indeed.

tails
    Free Member

why’s the chainstay a different colour/not painted?

they do it to ti, and 853 is a very high class steel. looks nice

thumbie
    Free Member

Lovely that….now if only DT would bring out the bloody rigid forks 🙂

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Fair enough. Does that look like a similar geometry to my 303 (or what i’m assuming is a 305 in the background)?

tails
    Free Member

Does that look like a similar geometry to my 303

That does seem like a good idea as I know many like steel but i prefer ali, so different materials but same geo seems like good idea.

scaredypants

what does that mean, tails – that chainstay is receiving special treatment ? …(because of what?)…

HTTP404
    Free Member

Does that look like a similar geometry to my 303

That looks like a 440mm fork up front ie 100mm. The 305 is adjusted for a 5 inch fork.

Also the top tube looks proportionally longer than on the 305.

RustySpanner

Anyone know what the bars/stem/seatpost are?

Silver, it’s the new black you know.

tails
    Free Member

what does that mean, tails – that chainstay is receiving special treatment ? …(because of what?)…

I’m not saying there is a special reason it is the chainstay but if you look at some painted ti frames they may paint half the frame and leave the other half unpainted just as a detail I guess. So there is no reason it shouldn’t be done to steel. i like it.

stuey
    Free Member

Hope stem?

bigrich

keep it clean so you dont need a chainstay protector?

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I would still want a protector on it. Steel will rust like mad with a chain smacking the crap out of it. Looks well good though. Why are all bikes single speed though! £500 maybe??

garlic
    Free Member

Check list (correct me if I’m wrong):-

16 inch seat tube coupled with a 23 inch top tube

fillet brazed? (why? pointless!) 853 frame with a stainless steel drive side chainstay.

proper reversed seat clamp (sorry Brant) to stop dirt buiding up and scratching your 120 quid carbon seat pin.

they are still undecided about the BB.

comes in a nice Vulcan Bomber undercarriage blue colour

Niceness

Houns

Want!

Farmer_John
    Free Member

loverley

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Anyone wanna buy an Indy Fab?

To be honest you could glue a set of gas pipes together and paint it sky blue – that’d be enough for me to wet my pants, or worse.

brant
    Free Member

Steel will rust like mad with a chain smacking the crap out of it.

Never happened on any SINGLESPEED I’ve owned 😉

Nice detail though.

STATO
    Free Member

Anyone know what the bars/stem/seatpost are

As previously said, stem is a hope.

The seatpost is a USE Alien, with shim. I wonder, does this mean the seat tube is an odd size? i hope not as the profiled seat tube/clamp looks crap with a shim (like in pic!)

Bar could be any number of silver ones, judging by the slightly hodge-podge build it could be an old x-lite even a standard black bar polished up.

rOcKeTdOg

made in house or in China? if the former it’s probably stuidly expensive

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

The only negative from my point of view is the under the top tube cable routing. A bit crap for the old carrying business (some of us still ride in the hills!)

timbur
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like any USE seatpost I’ve seen before! Too bulky to be an Alien at the clamp and def not a Sumo.

I want one!

nickc

Looks nice. Geometry a bit longer than the 305 I reckon

chakaping
    Free Member

fillet brazed? (why? pointless!)

That bike would be nothing without the fillet brazing. It’s only pointless in the same way that a Lamborghini is pointless.

But the they’ve done their best to ruin it by putting white rims and silver finishing kit on. Maybe they’re trying to disguise it like they do to prototypes in Auto Express.

STATO
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like any USE seatpost I’ve seen before! Too bulky to be an Alien at the clamp

Im 99% sure thats an Alien, the shadow of the saddle makes it difficult to tell but you can see the shape and the front support bit (yes im a bike geek)

Swiftacular
    Free Member

That is quite something, maybe i do need another bike this year after all.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that’s a pretty bike. love the colour.

JoB
    Free Member

it’s a USE post and shim

david-herbert
    Free Member

Nice… is this frame in production and do they do a
    geared version for the not so hardcore?

ski
    Free Member

£495 for a standard build, £695 for a custom, rolling out end of the year.

The seatpost is a USE Alien, with shim. I wonder, does this mean the seat tube is an odd size?

The full production version will not have a shim apparently.

Felt very light too 😉

grumm
    Free Member

The only negative from my point of view is the under the top tube cable routing. A bit crap for the old carrying business (some of us still ride in the hills!)

Thought singlespeeders only rode in the Quantocks? 😛

Nice looking bike I have to say. Not sure about the bare chainstay though personally.

Is it just the angle of the pic or does it have a very steep head angle?

ski
    Free Member

Adrian Carter, the Pace Man himself was at SSUK09 and he was very excited about the new frame, top, down to earth bloke.

Does anyone know if he raced?

david-herbert
    Free Member

Oh boy where do i sign….!

Dave
    Free Member

Adrian Carter, the Pace Man himself was at SSUK09 and he was very excited about the new frame, top, down to earth bloke.

When I saw him he was on a geared bike not racing, so maybe not that excited about it? ;o)

The-Beard

I just went to the Pace website to have a wee look see if they had anything about it up on there and got a big warning page flashed up. Have they been hacked or is google being dim?

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Back in the day Pace made completely different and innovative products, including their RC100 frame – at a time when everyone else was riding things like Dave Yates Diabolo frames – with which this latest offering shares many similarities! Reverse evolution? What’s next, bullmoose bars and rollercam brakes?

Anyone else remember the old Mountainbike Action test of a Fat Chance vs an RC100? “from the town of Yorkshire, England…”

jfeb
    Free Member

I get this message when trying to go to the Pace site:

“This web site at http://www.pace-racing.co.uk has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.”

Looks like they have been hacked 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘New PACE steel hardtail’ is closed to new replies.