Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Otley chevin trail
  • jaylittle
    Free Member

Looks interesting, not an area i ride much but will have to pay it a visit.

Simon

There’s some fun cheeky stuff on both sides of the Chevin.
    Some of the trails on the Danefield side are easier to find at night. Take a look and you’ll know what I mean.

martinhutch

Weird article – the blocking of trails, either legitimate or cheeky, and the creation of new trails in the future, seem to be unrelated, but have been conflated to make it sound like someone is blocking a specially created MTB trail.

Or maybe I misread it?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Not the clearest of articles but I believe it’s just to highlight that the council won’t put up with these artificial signs and are being vigilent against anything that could cause harm to bikers even if they are being cheeky. The reporter could of continued with the reasoning behind an official trail.

pennine
    Free Member

OT: In case not everyone is aware the ‘thin’ Esholt Bridge is open again to get to Spring Woods from the canal.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Super, cheers for that info.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m told there’s quite a few MTBers at the T&A, one of them posts on here and has been in touch with me when St Ives was a real possibility.

The article does read a bit different to what you might normally expect, It reads to me like an MTBer has written it, as there doesn’t seem to be any apology over the cheeky stuff, like it’s quite acceptable and the council are happy with that. You’d normally expect a frothing at the mouth with MTBers being lawless thugs and menaces, with the reporter trying to create an article around conflict and confrontation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Otley chevin trail’ is closed to new replies.