• This topic has 201 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 202 total)
  • New Orange Bike due to be launched next Tuesday
  • roverpig

Orange are teasing about a new bike:

https://vimeo.com/100512876

Place your bets, or trot out something predictable, as you see fit.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’m guessing the word “Enduro” will be in the press release somewhere…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

650b gravel grindrrrrr.

DT78
    Free Member

carbon 5

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is that a filing cabinet that bloke’s carrying?

grey

Box isn’t big enough for a gate :lol:.
    Seriously, I hope it’s a short travel replacement for the ST4.

roverpig

I’ve been waiting for a Gyro with shorter chainstays since they first, brought out the 5-29 with its forward shifted seat tube, so I’ll go for that. Mind you, the 650b Alpine was just released without all this messing around, so presumably it’s something a bit bigger than a simple refresh of an existing model.

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah ST4 replacement, 650b 120mm travel, light cross country bike that will handle a good trash

coogan
    Free Member

I reckon it will look like everything else they’ve churned out over the last, oh, 10-15 years?

jam-bo

Yeah ST4 replacement, 650b 120mm travel, light cross country bike that will handle a good trash

The previous st4 will run 650b. Love mine.

Simon

Alpine 29er

wiggles
    Free Member

Alpine 5 is the “new” 29er (just the 5 29er with a new name)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Simon, 29er is last year’s niche, apart from high end race bikes. Not the market Orange play in, so unless they’re going full ahead race, I very much doubt that it will be a 29er.

So, carbon enduroad, anyone?

Northwind

Another old model with a new name, just like the “Alpine Five”

Or, a 650b Patriot.

Or, they’re relaunching all the inexplicably expensive taiwanese hardtails

Simon

Only saying as I saw this at a recent Orange demo day,

Hottest bikes of 2014: Orange Strange 29er

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I reckon it will look like everything else they’ve churned out over the last, oh, 10-15 years?

I know, why oh why do they do that?

benji
    Free Member

Hybrid for the commuters, use the cross frame and just put flat bars on it, the orange fan boi’s have to get to work somehow.

igm

New children’s range

Sandwich

Fat Bike

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Please be a carbon five, with 150m alround travel, a chainline and enough clearance for bigger than a 34t front chainring, with the new canecreek shock. I’d buy that tomorrow

JoeG
    Free Member

Definitely the Ti fixed gear full suspension recumbent tandem fatbike! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how to weld carbon fibre tubes?

Perhaps it will be something new, like a bike with a single pivot and lots of welds made from aluminium?

Or maybe someone got a production order wrong and it will be a new radical 26″ Enduro Specific 140mm bike.

Perhaps another radical 650b/29r hybrid with the front end from one and the back end of another.

The only certainty will be 100 threads about how amazing it is and then loads of classifieds from people upgrading to the new thing.

hora
    Free Member

A orange 5 with a peirced shock-downtube with strange written in a different way and brakejack as the name?

igm

I heard they bought a new carbon fibre folding machine

thepodge
    Free Member

All I’m guessing is it’ll have an unimaginative name

plus-one

25 posts and no one posted the filing cabinet pic 😆

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’m guessing another single pivot monstrosity. And why is it being delivered across a hill at night rather than just in the back of a van?

ratherbeintobago

It won’t be, because if someone was making a light, short travel XC bike they wouldn’t put 650B wheels on it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

maybe they are going old school and using wood?

Jamie
    Free Member

Hopefully, there will be some proper ‘nduro colours.

spectabilis
    Free Member

It’s an evolution of the Gyro, longer lower forward geometry blah blah blah

Goldigger
    Free Member

Is it me or do I sense a lot of dislike of orange in this thread?
    Making me wonder if building up an orange 5 is a bad idea..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Goldigger – Member

It’s just health piss taking until somebody loses an eye really. Generally more refreshing than the fanboi love in threads.

Making me wonder if building up an orange 5 is a bad idea..

Do it if you want to, don’t if you don’t. It’s quite simple…..

anyway back to it, I see this one has been updated for enduro with some nice 650’s

kelvin

Nice tease! Love it.

No doubt it’ll be an ace bike that forum dwellers will say is “too expensive”, despite it being cheaper than their Santa Cruz.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Orange build heavy overpriced bikes with crude archaic suspension and with no meaningful development in the last 15 years.

Mine’s an Alpine 160 🙂

Clink

Are single pivots really that bad? I rode a SC Superlight 29 for 6 months and loved it – other than the twangy rear end. Currently ride a more modern sus bike and I miss certain aspects of the single pivot ride.

igm

I think shock set up is more critical on a single pivot, but I like the use and abuse hooligan nature of a well set up single pivot.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Orange Wednesday?

z1ppy

Clink, I don’t think so, I prefer them (SP’s) to multi-linkage units. Earlier this year I demo’d three multi pivot bikes (one I specifically wanted to buy) & tried a single pivot to see how bad it was in comparison… I want now fancy the single pivot bike, I just like the rear end ‘feel’.
    Anti-bob shocks basically saved them, there simple to maintain, though bearings tend to last for years, unlike ‘many’ multi-linkage units.
    I’d not suggest the Oranges aren’t basic in many ways & hugely expensive in comparison to the ‘big’ brands. Single pivots aren’t without issue, but for the UK riding/weather I think there’s a lot to recommend them. Oh obviously quite a lot of ppl agree as they’re still going, for all this forums haterz.

PS: I’d love them to update the Gyro* (as per RP), but I’d guess it’s more likely to be a production of the 160mm 29er strange demo unit, if a 29er at all.

* Even if they did I’d struggle to justify the cost

Clink

This:

PS: I’d love them to update the Gyro

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘New Orange Bike due to be launched next Tuesday’ is closed to new replies.