Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • New On Ones…
  • Leku
    Free Member

A real mess on mixed brand names…

http://www.on-one.co.uk/news/products/q/date/2015/09/25/what-s-new-and-coming-next-from-on-one

Maccatuski

Hadza 650+,

No picture

Parkwood 27’5″

El Chulo 27.5 & 29 versions

Prototype 140mm and Prototype 160mm bikes

pickle
    Free Member

Bugger! I was hoping for a Ti 456 🙁

flaps
    Free Member

They had a Ti 456 in the Barnsley store over the Summer when I was in, looked great!
    I went to the Rotherham one the other night and one of the staff showed me the new Codeine in grey, that looked great!
    I’ve a raw 45650B.

johnnystorm

Are the new Tomac & Oo XC bikes the same as the Tomac and Viper Gravel bikes seem to be?

cookeaa

I am still waiting for the Carbon 45650b (or whatever they’re going to call it), or will the 27.5 parkwood be covering that Base for now?

“Bish bash bosh” sounds interesting, shame the picture only shows a fork, so you have bugger all idea what it actually looks like (carbon London Road?)

Meh…

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I thought the BishBashBosh sounded interesting, though I would have to remove all traces of the name.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

the brands are such a mess, they really should just stick with the original two, the 27.5+ thing looks interesting…

cookeaa

I reckon they should target individual brands at single niches.

OO for HT MTBs
    PX for road bikes
    Titus for FS MTBs
    Tomac for Fat and plus size bikes.
    Viner for CX?

Bin Holdsworth I reckon…

prawny

Holdsworth for steel frame road bikes and Britishness

YoKaiser
    Free Member

It is all a bit of a mess isn’t it, I’d read that the owner was a big fan of the sports direct business model and I can see now that’s the way they are heading.

shermer75
    Free Member

Who’s designing the On One stuff these days?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rickos
    Free Member

I want to see the Codeine 29 in its new baby blue and stealth grey colours.

unovolo
    Free Member

No idea but I hope the logo on the down tube is a decal as its bloody awful, cheapens the appearance of the bike IMO.

The ‘maccatuski’ is right up there with the Bentley ‘Bentayga’ for shitest name of the year award.

chakaping
    Free Member

Titus prototype looks nice, though they probably won’t use that lovely raw finish.

Will the “bishbashbosh” cost Loadsamoney I wonder?

shadowrider
    Free Member

I saw the Hadza in the flesh at the cycle show today and it looked pretty good,don’t think it’s out until next year though. I actually thought that a few of the new models looked pretty tidy.The new codeine looked really good too.

mcnultycop

That Parkwood plus bike looks well, I think.

flaps
    Free Member

What’s the story behind the names?!?

Northwind

That El Chulo is vile. Mesa Verdi looks like a child did the colourscheme. The rest are alright I reckon… The fatbike just seems to be the fatty they should have made first time round. Don’t entirely understand why they’re making yet another xc race bike though?

pictonroad

We’ve been ripping the local XC trails on her for a few months and she’s received admiring glances everywhere she’s been. When you see her in the flesh you’ll understand why.

Use of “she” and “her”?

Seriously? On one is a complete mystery to me, ostensibly nice bikes with a Byzantine brand set up, it should be right up my street but I can’t bring myself to like how they do things.

wicki
    Free Member

I cant bring my self to buy another after the appaling condition my london road arrived in no matter what they produce.

piemonster

I’m finding myself quite interested in a couple of those.

The Bish Bash Bosh in particular. I’d be looking for a more stealthy decal set.

piemonster

nt bring my self to buy another after the appaling condition my london road arrived in no matter what they produce.

Maybe not, is it still a bit of a lottery as to whether you’ll end up a happy punter?

piemonster

Will the “bishbashbosh” cost Loadsamoney I wonder?

Probs 1500 with Rival

duckman

I won’t have another on one either because of the customer service before,during and after the process.
    Before” “Any chance I could pay extra and have the cx wheels?” No,they are out of stock.
    During(i.e 3 days later),as the bike spec changes to have the cx wheels “Any chance I could have the cx wheels?” No,limited stock for the different,but same price build.Mine arrived with different tyres,but that was apparently different circumstances.
    After ” err…your website said this hanger fits the Dirty Disco.” Return the incorrect one,no apology,no change on their website any time soon.
    Tossers.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

That bish bash bosher looks a reet good contender to the Salsa Cutthroat all going well…

I gotta agree to some degree with duckman regarding their attitude towards stock and selling tactics, they are a bit weird like that.

Perhaps if I were to have kept my Dirty Harry for longer, I would have perhaps found out their true CS.
    Then again, they seem to be cheery enough and were really helpful when it came to the sale and doing me an even better deal on it at the time.

If the Bish Bash Bosh has hydraulic brakes and carbon frame/fork in that orange with carbon cranks then it’s a goer for me but only if they send me it out to test ride first, then sell to me as an ex demo 😉

jkomo

My mates Nanolight arrived in perfect condition and was a really really nice build. Nothing at at all you could say , ‘I wish they’d done it like this’. Even down to the cable routing and outer lengths, it looked like it was thoughtfully done, and time taken over it.

Northwind

duckman – Member

I won’t have another on one either because of the customer service before,during and after the process.

I think you have to be a little bit mental to buy any of their own products, new, from them considering their attitude to customer service, warranty and parts support tbf. Except sometimes, the price drops so low it’s comparable to buying a used bike, which ime is pretty much exactly what it’s like.

But they do make some nice bikes, on the occasions where all the holes are the right size and all the bits fit together properly and that.

pickle
    Free Member

They always seem to get a rough deal on here. I’ve had loads of On One’s and had nothing but great service from them. I guess they’re just not bling or expensive enough for some??

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Maybe try reading a few of the posts above yours to see why they get a rough ride? 🙄 its got nothing to do with snobbery, its customers with negative experiences. Loads of examples of poor QC and poor CS in this and every other thread about them.

hilldodger
    Free Member

They always seem to get a rough deal on here.

‘back in the day’ OO bikes got nothing but praise for being good simple designs at a cracking price

bigjim

I’ve got an on one and they are great value, but when they get it wrong they really get it wrong and don’t have much interest in putting it right. It’s worth the risk though and I’d buy from them again.

scotroutes

It’s not rocket science. You make things cheaper by cutting down on QC and customer service. Just weigh up whether or not the money saved is worth the risk.

FWIW, I’ve had three. Never again.

neil853
    Free Member

I really fancy one of their 29er codeine, but I contacted them just asking them some basic questions and they were unbelievably unhelpful. I like their shops but I’m genuinely not sure about buying something like a frame from them

sq225917
    Free Member

All the Titus bikes are proto’s hence the stickers and raw. Bish bash comes in black also. The Mesa Verde is captain America, intentionally- I quite like it’s unapologetic obviousness.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by during the show, it was good to put a few names to faces yesterday.

Full show report coming soon

cokie

That ‘Hazda’ looks great! I definitely want one.
    I’m hoping there’ll be a Carbon 650b+ 130mm hardtail. That would be perfect!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Marzocci suspension? With their uncertain future? Really?

Leku
    Free Member

Do we know who is buying Marzocci yet?

On One have a history of buying up other companies..

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I doubt OO could afford Marzocchi and even employ that amount of work force to pay etc.

A logistical nightmare, I mean come on be sensible now.

MSP

OO have bought the names of dead companies, not the actual company. Besides on one build quality on a fork 😯 They couldn’t afford to defend the class action from the relatives of the dead.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘New On Ones…’ is closed to new replies.