Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New oil boiler
  • wheelie

i’ll probably need a new oil boiler shortly. Can anyone recommend a good installer in SO32 region. Portwmouth, Southampton, Winchester. Are Grant boilers the one to go for as an outside unit?

tillydog
    Free Member

We got a Grant external ‘Combi pack’ about 10 years ago, just before condensing became mandatory.

While it’s still going, I can’t say that it has been trouble-free. The actual boiler and burner themselves are well built, and solid – it’s just all the other stuff! It’s had persistent and almost incurable leaks from the connections to the head-exchanger (I have some of the new design washers for when it goes again – we’ll see), and water leaks from various other factory made connections. I’ve never known anything like it for springing leaks – I guess there’s a lot of temperature cycling, or something. It also uses obscure, expensive and hard to find pumps.

Mostly it keeps going though, and can keep up with two power showers running simultaneously, but I find myself wondering if I can justify replacing it yet – no idea what with.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Had a vortex pro exterbal for 4 years now. No leaks yet touch wood.

My only issue was 2 day power cut and -10 things froze and burst prv and gauge.

I swapped em out cheaply And its been grand since

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘New oil boiler’ is closed to new replies.