Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Mountain Kings
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Has anyone tried these tyres yet?

I kinda fancy a set on my new build, with maybe the less tready one on the rear for summer months, is that a Race X or summit like?

More than likely in 2.2″ flavour

mcinnes
    Free Member

My first bike, a Genesis, came with them – didn’t get on with them at all, got tons of pinch flats and found them a bit spinny in the mud.

Personally found High Rollers and Ardents to be much better for the riding I do.

Hope that helps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mcinnes, are you sure? The new MkII model has yet to be released as far as I know.

I want to try a pair, as there are times when I’d like something a little smaller than my 2.4″ Rubber Queens, but with the same predictable handling.

IdleJon

The Genesis bikes came with the original Mountain Kings, not the Mk2 versions.

I quite liked my original MK1s, apart from the continual pinch punctures. I’d like to try the new ones….

Mister-P
    Free Member

The new ones seem to be on a rubber time scale at the present. Should be very soon, next week or so hopefully.

backhander
    Free Member

I want to try a pair, as there are times when I’d like something a little smaller than my 2.4″ Rubber Queens, but with the same predictable handling.

2.2 Rubber queens?

mcinnes
    Free Member

Sorry, my bad – I read the OP as ‘new mountain kings’ rather than ‘the new mountain kings.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Well, when they do turn up they’ll be available in black chilli in 2.2″ in ‘Race Sport’ or ‘Protection at £42.95 & £44.95 respectively.

Wonder what they’ll be like? The tread looks promising with nice elongated side knobs to stop the tyre moving sideways too much I’d imagine.

shredder
    Free Member

I too am looking at these tyres along the lines of the Rubber Queen 2.2 in black chilli protection at the front. Paired to a new Mountain King chilli protection at the rear.

I can give some idea of the sizing after an email from Continental today.

The 2.2 Rubber Queen is around the same size as the new Mountain King 2.4.

And the new Mountain King 2.4 is smaller than the original MK 2.4.

Hope that helps somebody

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Mountain Kings’ is closed to new replies.