Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • New mountain bike centre in Shropshire on the Long Mynd!
  • bumley
    Free Member

I take my hat off to Richard, Lesley, Ben and Will. They have created the perfect venue – Ride, eat, drink and sleep. Brilliant location, excellent facilities and very very nice people 😀

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I ride the Mynd fairly regularly, but i dont feel like i know half of what’s around there! I will call in and see you guys next time i’m up there. 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

I prefer the Stiperstones to LM. Up and over the Lawley and Caradoc used to be my back garden ride.

Seems like another Ride pounding the Shropshire Hills on a Wednesday night, then?

pdw
    Free Member

What are the conditions like round your way at the moment? I’m going to be in the area this weekend, and I’m wondering whether it’s worth trying to sneak in a ride on Saturday.

armchairbiker

I’d say as a Shrewsbury local – there’s a lot more than just the Long Mynd and Minton Batch for riding.

However fancy trying out the pods!

Also isn’t there a new MTB shop in the centre of Church Stretton now too?

DaddyCool
    Free Member

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed reply!

Yes the more the merrier on the Wednesday rides, everyone is welcome. We have 2 groups – a steady group and a quicker group but its all pretty chilled so dont worry about being left behind!

The conditions up here are pretty white at the moment… I went out last night and the snow on top of the Mynd isn’t too bad. Its deep in some of the drifts but rideable. The descents are a different story however! Due to the snow filling up all holes in the ground, its very hard to see the line and I freqently ended up going over the bars last night due to a hole swallowing my front wheel! Visability isn’t great up there so take a map if you dont know the area too well. Its definately worth a ride though if your up for a challenge!

Yes there is a new bike shop in Stretton – Plush Hill Cycles.

Our pods are perfect for this time of year, there really warm with the electric heater in, most poeple end up turning the heater down as they get too hot!

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘New mountain bike centre in Shropshire on the Long Mynd!’ is closed to new replies.