Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Mono Mini brake pads needed – where?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Looking at buying some new Mono Mini brake pads. Where’s the best place to buy them? Should I be getting Hope’s own? Or something else?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I prefer hopes own for reliability, longevity and the fact the come with pins, springs and clips

iain1775
    Free Member

Used Clarks ones recently, found them to be as good as Hopes, but a lot cheaper
    Think they where on offer at crc

carlos
    Free Member

^^^ That (TJ post) from where ever is cheapest/has the best deal on multi buys or is most convenient for you

superfli
    Free Member

Clarks are good. I’m using them and they are lasting very well considering they are organic. £20 for 4 sets @ CRC

GregMay
    Free Member

http://www.discobrakes.com/

Terrahawk recommended them to me, picked up a load before 24Solo, super price, super company. Work well.

Not affiliated etc etc

BrickMan

Cleaned the bike shed out today, and found 2 packs of superstar pads I didn’t know I had.

So thought, why not, rear is nearly on the metal, I’ll stick that on. Opened the NEW packet, to be greeted with the familiar site of the material loose from the backing metal. FAIL. And these were fairly recent (bought last summer I guess) superstar pads. Their a bloody liability that lot! Safe to say, both sets went in the bin, really do not want to be barrelling down some mountainside and my brake pads fall off.

+1 for hopes own. Do exactly what they say on the tin, and £13 isn’t a lot to pay for something that just plain works in my book.

gingerss
    Free Member

Not had any problems with the superstar pads myself but I reckon the Hope pads last a fair bit longer and come with the extra bits so there’s not much in it if you can get an offer on buying a few packs at once.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope or Ashima from a bike shop Hope seem to outlast most. The only really long lasting part of the superstar ones it the extra 2mm that drags like **** when you fit them and they are too thick.

cakefest
    Free Member

so should i be buying Organic or Sintered?

gingerss
    Free Member

Sintered always for me. Mud and grit eat organic pads very quickly.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

+1 for Hope original and sintered. £12 at Merlin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Mono Mini brake pads needed – where?’ is closed to new replies.