Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • new mobile time…upper end budget
  • lovewookie

looking for a bit of advice as I have the option of changing my Xperia Z3 for something else. Want to stay with Android as I like it, but the top end phones are much of a muchness when it comes to spec.

It’s on a work contract, so restricted to Vodafone’s range, including Sony, HTC, LG, and Samsung.

previoulsy stuck with Sony mostly for ANT+ compatibility, but to be honest that didn’t really work well with my devices, so have switched to BLE for those.

there’s a lot of fuss about the Galaxy S6 edge, but I’m not sure I see the point of the edge display other than gimmickry, and all samsungs I’ve had in the long distant past have been bloated and slow.

Don’t mind a large phone either.

So, the list is:

Xperia Z5
    Galaxy S6 edge (or plus)
    LG G4
    HTC One M9

any preference and why?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Nexus 6p has been getting rave reviews, release is imminent but unsure if on Voda.

Mikkel
    Free Member

HTC One M9.
    Just like how it feels and look compared to the Samsungs.
    and HTC’s sense interface is nice.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Z5 is ment to be amazing thats what im looking at now.

G4 had one good phones but rear buttons take a bit to get used to

S6 nice but break that screen and its a huge bill to fix

M9 same as m8 …… Not much change

And the new nexus range look lovely as said above but no sd slot put me off.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

LG G4 vote from me. Have a LG G3 at the moment and had switched from iPhone before hand. Amazing screen, good camera, replaceable battery and SD card slot. G5 is coming out next year March time if you can wait. But G4’s are going cheap at the moment, around £300.

lovewookie

Ah yes that SD slot, much needed for me.

is the samsung the only one with inductive charging?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Ah yes that SD slot, much needed for me

In which case Z5

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

If google put a sd slot in phones…… I do really like them but thats all that kills it for me

bob_summers

Very impressed with my new Jiayu s3 as recommended in Stoners threads. 180eur, spend the change on the bike.

firestarter
    Free Member

I really like me z5 compact

lovewookie

forgot to say, the phone doesn’t cost me anything 😉

cheers_drive

is the samsung the only one with inductive charging?

My G3 has inductive charge so I assume the G4 does. The LGs are very good value for money given the high spec.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I have an S6 Edge for work (because it was either that or an iPhone 6). Comparing it with a regular S6 – I don’t really see any point in the curved screen, except it looks like it doesn’t have a bezel.

Included charger is fast, not tried the inductive one. No SD card slot (as mentioned above), but 64GB version, so not a big deal for me.

EDIT: Phone is very fast compared to previous phones I’ve had. Overall, really like it (though wouldn’t shell out for the Edge if it was my money)

richardthird

Nexus 6P is out on Giffgaff. I just got a 5x from them, it’s brill. No SD card but 32gbs and cloud is fine for me. Most importantly though bare Android 6, no skin or bloatware at last. (I too came from a previous Sony, awful bloated thing)

£100 less than XTC OneM9 which is arguably better, perhaps, albeit with HTC skin.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Really wanted to upgrade to the 6p from my N5 but my N5 is still working perfectly but I couldn’t quell the “want” however this video has gone a long way to extinguish that particular fire.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo&feature=share[/video]

Kato

New OnePlus X has an SD card slot apparently

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

whatever the biggest xperia is, just cos it’s waterproof so no worries using it for gps navigating and route recording whilst walking and mtbing.

somouk
    Free Member

New OnePlus X

That is probably what i would go for in the Android world. Whether it works on Vodafone properly I’m not sure.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have the 4 and had the 2 before that. Huge screen, fantastic display, takes great pics and the S-pen comes in handy – well, it does for me

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘new mobile time…upper end budget’ is closed to new replies.