Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • new mobile phone problem,can anyone help?
  • racefaceec90

have just bought a new orange p.a.y.g sydney phone from tesco’s http://phone-shop.tesco.com/mobile-phones-and-sim-cards/pay-as-you-go-phones/Orange-Sydney-White-Includes-%C2%A310-top-up-212-2820

have followed instructions for inserting sim card e.t.c (and the phone was sealed in it’s box/also the sim card was sealed in the card surround).

the thing is when i switch the phone on (and nothing else) it says the sim card is invalid 😕

now there’s a number to contact them,but you guessed it,i do not have a lan line (this is my only phone). i also tried to e mail them,but being a numpty,i couldn’t find an e-mail for technical help.

can any phone expert here help out an idiot please 😉 the phone looks really good and i don’t want to have to change it for another one if poss.

thanks a lot 🙂

dirtdiggler
    Free Member

Have you had the sim a while ?. Im sure they delete sims if not activated after a certain time, although im not sure if you can phone them up to reactivate.

Looks like its either phone them or go into a store for another sim.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nothing on the sim packaging about any activation process ?

racefaceec90

it looks like i will have to go back to tesco’s.the sim was brand new but because it says the sim is invalid i cannot activate the sim by ringing the number (it won’t do any calls 😡

both the sim and phone are brand new,so i have no idea how the sim could be invalid 😕

bruneep

Have you put the SIM card in the right way?

nano
    Free Member

If you can start the phone up without a sim (connect to wifi etc.) with no issues than its a safe bet that the sim has expired as per earlier posts.

Sims are routinely recalled by the networks as they recycle the numbers every few months.

Not familiar with the handset but most androids will work without a sim so you can quickly rule out if its a handset issue.

racefaceec90

man have been trying to activate my credit for the phone (it was the sim card originally,yes i did put it in the right way 🙄

i have spent the last hour plus trying to activate the bloomin £10 credit that i’m entitled to.whenever i have tried to send a message to them for my number send “my number” to 450,for some reason it doesn’t send the message to orange (and deletes it also,even though i have saved it in advance).orange also haven’t sent the welcome message they were meant to on turning on the phone 😡 have tried to contact a real person about the problem on their helpline,but you guessed it,the helpline costs 25p WTF 😡

have tried looking for an email address for them (for help troubleshooting e.t.c) but no joy.

i’m seriously considering chucking the (bleeping) thing out of the window 😡

tomorrow i am going to swap it for a phone that actually works (and before anyone says,yes i did follow the instructions,what little instructions came with the phone 😡

now i’m going to punch a picture of david cameron repeatedly until my rage subsides 😉

luffy105
    Free Member

The sim hasn’t been provisioned yet. You need to speak to the carrier. Have you not got a pal on orange you could borrow their phone from to make a free call?

breadroll
    Free Member

Sounds obvious but, are you sure that the phones is unlocked?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘new mobile phone problem,can anyone help?’ is closed to new replies.