Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New mobile phone contract
  • dmck16
    Free Member

Hoping that someone has some experience that they could shed onto this topic…

My phone contract has run its course, and so I called up to get a new one – I asked the guy to put me on a similar tariff for the best price possible. From what he offered, I would be £100 out of pocket on a poorer tariff compared to what is available on the website (smartphonecompany.co.uk)

When I questioned this, he said that I was restricted due to upgrading rather than taking a new contract, and if I took a new contract I would lose my number (which I have had for well over a decade with zero issues before).

So, I guess the only option would be the difficult option of taking the new/good contract, switching my current running contract to PAYG, then switching my original number from PAYG to the new/good contract.

Would this be correct? Or am I over-complicating things here?

scotroutes

You can port your number to a new phone/contract/provider. Just ask for your PAC Code. They are legally obliged to supply it.

dmck16
    Free Member

Preferred to stay with EE since they have decent coverage around here, so can’t port within the same network – it seems…

Cougar

if I took a new contract I would lose my number

This is a lie / con. Sales get bigger commission on a new contract (ie, a new number) over a renewal. Tell them to stick it up their chuff, ask for a PAC and go somewhere lest shystery. Go direct to EE if you like.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ask for a PAC code, simple.

But don’t be surprised if you get a phone call from their customer retention team within a couple of days offering you a better deal to stay.

BT are doing some pretty good bundle deals at the moment.

tod456
    Free Member

Been with orange / ee for years, and i have to go through this evey year … Ignore everything until you get through to the retention team! They’ll price match anything so make sure you know what you want, WHEN they call.

dmck16
    Free Member

Ended up leaving EE and switching to Three.

EE were reluctant to move on price, only a marginal improvement when I insisted on getting a PAC code. But, still not good enough. Arseholes.

The coverage provided on Three has been fine so far, and I’m saving a good few quid per month in addition to a couple of Bang&Olufsen goodies too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New mobile phone contract’ is closed to new replies.