Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New member with a nOOb question
  • blaster84
    Free Member

Hi all.
    I have just got myself a cube aim sl 27.5. It’s my first new bike since my old Merlin malt. I have been using it on the local river trail and a few trips to the woods near mine. What I have noticed is that not once have I used the largest ring on the front so I’m tempted to go and upgrade to 10×2. My nOOb question is will I need a new front mech or will my 3×8 be okay with a pair of new shifters?
    Thanks

SaxonRider

No idea, but someone will tell you within seconds. I just wanted to say ‘welcome to the forum’. Just don’t mention the war.

kayak23

It’ll be fine. You just have to set the limits on the front mech to not go higher than the second ring.
    You can even get away with using your 3-position shifter too, so long as you set the limits on the mech.

You could always replace the large ring with a bash ring which helps protect the rings, your legs, and helps keep the chain on.

Welcome to the forum.

ads678

Or just don’t change into the big ring thats not there!! 🙂

blaster84
    Free Member

Thanks for your quick responses. I was thinking of a bash guard but the merlin could do with a new crank so was going to replace that with the one off the cube.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New member with a nOOb question’ is closed to new replies.