Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Manics album – any good?
  • geoffj

Well?

terrahawk
    Free Member

judging by the drivel they’ve been spewing in the last 10 years or so, probably not.

DezB
    Free Member

Motown Junk was pretty good. I thought they split after the first album

sc-xc

they kept promising to. At least Richie had the grace to stick to it…

Surfr
    Free Member

I gave it a listen on Spotify the other day and was left unimpressed.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

First listen i didnt like it, however its growing on me, think will be a slow burner. And its much more like their earlier stuff than the more MOR stuff they have done in recent years, IMO.

slowclimb
    Free Member

shout shout shout big words big words namecheck a few philosophers guitar solo repeat fade
    there you go, thats the manic street preachers.
    saw them a few times years ago, like REM I fear they have lost the plot now.

rOcKeTdOg

i saw them and the singer forgot the words and the bass player wasn’t in drag-disappointing

petestuart
    Free Member

If you’re a fan then you’ll like it. Return to form over the MOR stuff they’ve been churning out since Ritchey vanished. I believe they’ve used Ritcheys lyrics for this album or something. Im enjoying it at least. Worth a few listens..

Garry_Lager

Think I read somewhere that Steve Albini produced this one? Usually a sign of desperation when an established band gets Albini in, like we’re shite, what can we do to turn back the clock to when we were young / relevant / loud etc. Sometimes works, mind – I’ll be giving it a listen. Saw them at a club in Warrington, beards ago when they were first coming up. Awesome gig.

nickc

No.

Ritchie’s lyrics, mediocre music. A bit dull, not even a stand out track. Avoid

porterclough
    Free Member

The Beatles may have only had three chords, but the Manics only have three notes, none of them good ones. Unlistenable. Why are they popular, I don’t get it.

pjbarton
    Free Member

do they still title all (really ALL!) their tracks with whatever the chorus is?

doc_blues
    Free Member

my 15month old was headbanging to the new single this morning when they played it on the radio – not too sure about his taste, but at least it beats 50 cent or any of that crapolla that he did start to bop to a few months back

waihiboy
    Free Member

Think I read somewhere that Steve Albini produced this one? Usually a sign of desperation when an established band gets Albini in, like we’re shite, what can we do to turn back the clock to when we were young / relevant / loud etc.

PMSL 😆 😆

Yes their MOR stuff was shocking, all went tits up after Holy Bible which was class. They really should give up now and come back to the valleys, sit in the local workingmens club and sup some warm ale and reflect on their early better days, I’ll buy them a pint.

heard a few of the new songs on jools (annoying) holland the other night, it was better than the MOR stuff but still didn’t really have a buzz to it.

must be so hard not knowing when to give up!

each to their own though i guess

RepacK
    Free Member

The most morbid band ever..I cant listen to more than a few bars of any Manics song w/o wanting to slit my wrists..

geoffj

Three songs in and a tentative thumbs up 🙂

petestuart
    Free Member

Well done geoffj! I really quite like it. Not comparable to Holy Bible but best thing they’ve done since…

john_l
    Free Member

Well I think it’s pretty good. Takes a few listens but that’s A Good Thing IMHO. JDB incredibly underrated guitarist & live they’re just brilliant. Will be at the Dome in Brighton in a couple of weeks.

Suppose I’m a bit of a fan though & not that cool.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Manics album – any good?’ is closed to new replies.