• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • New Mag, Article- Question of Perspective
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Just read the article, and I am a little disappointed about Matt’s attitude to the ROW access, in particular Snowdon.
    I have worked closely with NWMBA and I know the guys at the Mag know Adrian Walls. The guys should also know how much work Adrian and others do behind the scenes to ensure we continue to have (compromised) access to the mountain.
    I can see both sides of the issue and some of Matt’s points are valid. It is a legal ROW. BUT, it is also a very busy ROW (as Matt quite rightly points out). In this day and age of Internet video/U Tube etc it is even more important that this access is policed , but in a way that all access users can enjoy the mountain. I still feel the best way is to have a restriction. You will always get idiots up there ( remember the 4×4 that nearly got to the top) but as responsible users we still need to respect the restriction or we may lose access altogether.
    Until someone can offer a viable alternative. Even IF the access laws in Wales are changed, I can still imagine access will still remain restricted on Snowdon.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘New Mag, Article- Question of Perspective’ is closed to new replies.