Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • New lid time.Help me choose
  • robhughes
    Free Member

After a new AM lid but there’s too much bloody choice.
    Help me out.
    Money not really a problem so iv’e been looking a few.
    Sweet fixer
    Poc’s
    Urges
    Cheers all.

40mpg

If money was a problem I’d look closely at the On-One lids which are very good value.

robhughes
    Free Member

Can you paint the over the on-one on the side.. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Guidance for buying a helmet
    1 – Buy one that fits
    2 – Buy one that fits and that you like the look of
    3 – Buy one that fits and that you like the look of and can afford
    4 – Did I mention buying one that fits?

robhughes
    Free Member

That,s the thing.Been trying to find some good reviews on the Sweet fixer as i’m leaning towards one of those.

honourablegeorge

I picked up the Urge AM 2013 in the CRC sale, they might still have stock, for around £50 it was an absolute bargain.

robhughes
    Free Member

All gone now

mboy
    Free Member

New 2014 Uvex range looks excellent. Particularly the Quattro and the Quattro Pro, but also the XP CC.

Not bad VFM either when compared to many lids nowadays, and Uvex seem to fit the more “European” shaped heads pretty well.

jonnyrockymountain

I like my catlike leaf and very reasonable

Gordymac
    Free Member

Not sure if I’m allowed to do this but here I go anyway.

I’m just about to post a Poc Trabec Race on the classifieds. Medium large, black and white.

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 for catlike leaf being mega comfy and well ventilated, a lot better than my old Xen or Urge

downhilldave

Urge all mountain for me. But depends on the fit though,no adjustment as such just different pad thickness. Love mine :mrgreen:

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the Scott MIPS helmets

bish

Troy Lee a1, always sworn by giro lids but the troy Lee is the comfiest helmet I’ve ever had. No good if it doesn’t fit you properly though.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

POC Trabac – best fitting lid I’ve ever had. Usually one or two popping up on the classifieds recently as well.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Poc Trabec showing up on ads atm, comfiest helmet I’ve ever had.
    Just fit’s my noggin a treat

Northwind

I spent ages shopping to find a replacement for my Fox Striker, and bought a Fox Striker. Really very nice. Not quite as much back-of-head cover as some, though. Really wanted an Enduromatic but I’m between the sizes.

The surprise was the POC Trabec for me- very bulky, heavy and feels it, and the padding was thin and stingy- felt like it was missing pads tbh. It didn’t fit me but I would have sent it back anyway, didn’t feel like a £60 helmet to me.

benji
    Free Member

Think Captain Flashhart nailed the point, I really fancied a mavic helmet for the road, tried them on, just didn’t feel right, met were no better, ended up buying a specialized, fit was superb, lovely and comfortable. So you might like how the others look, and the brand identity they portray but they might not fit.

thejesmonddingo

Got Catlike leaf,replaced Giro Hex,very comfy,stocked in Halfords so easy to try out.

rickmeister

Very happy with Urge Enduro.. looked at the fixer too… the review was commenting on the mahoosive peak…

No one up there mentioning them.. ^^

somafunk

Met Kaos Ultimate from Halfords, not quite the £43 deal it was a few weeks ago but still a bargain at less than £50.

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.Phoned the cyclesurgery near mine before and they have a sweet fixer in stock in my size so i’ll go and try it on.If all is good i might get the MIPS version off them.
    One of these wee fellows.I know it’s silly money but what the hell.You only live once.. 😉
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/sweet-protection-fixer-mips-full-carbon-mtb-helmet/helmets/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/49231?listing=true
    Or an urge.We’ll see
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/urge-all-mountain-helmet/helmets/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/45072?listing=true

somafunk

For some reason viewing that helmet reminded me of this (on the right)

robhughes
    Free Member

Or a giro feature.
    I never can make my mind up.. 🙂

kristoff
    Free Member

That carbon lid is 450g! Thought it was going to be lightweight! As a point of reference my hex weighs 275g.

I like the look of the troy lee designs A1 if I was looking for a new lid.

Northwind

The Fixer is as ridiculous looking in the flesh as it is in photos, words really can’t describe it.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yer NW.Bad choice.Think i’ll bin that idea.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘New lid time.Help me choose’ is closed to new replies.