Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New Lesbian Drama from BBC!
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Just came across this on the BBC website – from the picture, it looks more like a promo shot for that Russian pair (tatu?) than any real life lesbians I’ve met.
    Beeb’s Sapphic Drama

I’m not suggesting all lesbians are ugly or anything, just the ones in the publicity shots look a bit more like some bloke’s fantasy lesbians.

DrJ

And that’s bad because … 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m not suggesting all lesbians are ugly or anything, just the ones in the publicity shots look a bit more like some bloke’s fantasy lesbians.

Have you ever met any real Lesbians?

They’re just like other people, amazing as it might seem…

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I was more laughing at the “we want this to be a serious exploration of the experience of lesbian women in Glasgow”

Interestingly, the few lesbians I do know, and counting them up I do actually know quite a number, tend to speak about the gay club scene in Glasgow in pretty negative terms – a lot of them perceive it as quite exploitative.

Cougar

Mmmmfantasylesbians…

Cougar

Have you ever met any real Lesbians?

I’d be hard pressed to think of a sexual / social demographic that I can’t number somewhere amongst my friends. I’ve a good mate who thinks he’s a polar bear, lesbians aren’t exactly shocking.

Harry_the_Spider

The creator of a new drama based on the lives of twenty-something lesbians in Glasgow says she wanted to make sure it was authentic.

That’s a whole lot of lesbians.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I see that it’s on BBC3, so clearly it will be authentic and gritty drama rather than a salacious excuse for a bit of tit and fanny.

/edit note to the mods

tit should only have 3 ***, well strictly speaking none.
    As it looks a bit silly that –

“I saw a great tit on my bird feeder”

gets censored, but

“I saw a great fanny on my bird feeder”

doesn’t.

headfirst
    Free Member

You forgot to put PSA on your title thread.

I’ll be watching to see how true to fantasy life it is.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been to one of the gay clubs in Glasgow with a lesbian friend. I had a fantastic night. It’s like Effinchafing says, they’re just like other people. Big, tall, fat, small, ugly, pretty, plain. Imagine that eh?

Cougar

Dude, we’ve totally been lied to by our album covers!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I used to go to Heaven nightclub in That London in the early 90s. Proper eye-opener that one. Fantastic place; really relaxed, friendly and safe.

Not quite the place to try to chat up women when E’d up to the eyeballs mind… 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

I’ve a good mate who thinks he’s a polar bear

I have a mate who thinks he’s a Polar Bear that sleeps with both men and women. He’s been diagnosed as bipolar.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Is this going to be the female version of ‘queer as folk’? 😛

However, its going to have to be bloody good to transcend the heights of oranges are not the only fruit and tipping the velvet

I’m buying shares in Kleenex 😉

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Good to see the usual suspects piling in to establish their credentials 🙄

Just for the sake of fairness, I posted the link to one of my chums asking her what she thought. Her reply was – “LOL at the BBC lesbians. None of them have flat shoes”.

uplink
    Free Member

That’s a whole lot of lesbians.

What would be the correct collective noun for lesbians?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm, maybe ‘group’, as in ‘a group of people’.

No?

Dunno then.

greenboy
    Free Member

Les Bians!

uplink
    Free Member

Maybe a scissor?

chewkw
    Free Member

Le Bo … 😆

aracer
    Free Member

It’s shocking – I mean when casting hetero romantic programmes they always have ordinary looking people rather than sexy ones.

LycraLout
    Free Member

they’re just like other people. Big, tall, fat, small, ugly, pretty, plain. Imagine that eh?

i’m trying, but i’ve never met anyone who was all those things

StefMcDef
    Free Member

So, would the correct term for Lesbians fae Glesca be Glesbians? Glezwegians?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New Lesbian Drama from BBC!’ is closed to new replies.