• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Leftfield album and tour dates
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t think this has been done yet?

Leftfield – Universal Everything

The first release from their forthcoming album “Alternative Light Source” due on the 8th of June. So of course this means they are touring to promote it 8)

I’ll be going to The Forum in Kentish Town on June 13th as last time I saw them at Brixton I was so smashed I don’t actually remember it 😳

gobuchul
    Free Member

Hope it’s better than the last one.

GregMay
    Free Member

Rhythm and Stealth has one or two excellent moments in it. It’s not all bad.

Quite looking forward to this is an understatement.

retro83
    Free Member

Hell yes. 😀 I like both albums, though they are very different.

I saw them at V2000 or something, not long after their song was in the Guiness ad. Great set, they blew up one of the speaker stacks and another had to be wheeled in, mid-set.

It was also the first time I’d experienced the rather pleasant sensation of my clothes vibrating from bass. 8)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Agree with Greg..
    Swords was a fantastic tune!

ourmaninthenorth

Listened to the new track the other night.

Underwhelming.

Leftism is rightly lauded, and Rhythm and Stealth does have some great moments.

senorj

I saw them at Brixton

June 15 1996?Was one of THE mental Saturday sessions.
    Having spent the afternoon watching gazza humiliate Colin hendry in the pub
    More birthday drinks then on to the loudest gig I have ever experienced .
    I don’t remember going to bed.;-)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Brixton Academy 21st April 2012 so I’m quite the Johnny Come Lately compared to you.

DezB
    Free Member

I wonder if the crowds at the new gigs will be into it, or like the vast majority of ****ts at the recent Underworld gigs – just going to say they were there…

RustyNissanPrairie

slight thread hijack but Openlab plays some pretty good Underworld/Leftfield inspired electronica stuff at times;
    https://openlab.fm/#!schedule/weekly

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ll find out in a few weeks DezB, my mate has just text to say he has bought our tickets.

z1ppy

We can but hope its half as good as leftism, as I never really took to Rhythm and Stealth, but will Barnes be able to pull it off on his own? As for the gigs, if there anything like the brief 2010 “leftism” tour, it was a lot of ppl (‘original’ fans and new) thoroughly enjoying themselves! (well in Brum is was)

GregMay
    Free Member

Debating getting a ticket now, pre-order for the album gone in 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

I saw them at V2000 or something, not long after their song was in the Guiness ad. Great set, they blew up one of the speaker stacks and another had to be wheeled in, mid-set.

i saw them at homelands in 2000. Probably the best gig i’ve ever seen. Last track was phat planet where they had the intro build up going on for about 9 minutes. When that beat dropped the place erupted

EDIT: Woohoo found it: https://soundcloud.com/homelands-2000-leftfield/leftfield-live-at-homelands

Everyone must listen to this.

retro83
    Free Member
    peterfile
    Free Member

i saw them at homelands in 2000. Probably the best gig i’ve ever seen. Last track was phat planet where they had the intro build up going on for about 9 minutes. When that beat dropped the place erupted

I saw them at Homelands 2000 in Scotland. It was indeed bloody brilliant 🙂

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

I really like that new track, loved the other 2 albums. Whilst Leftism stands head and shoulders above R&S, it stands quite high above most albums in my world.

**Scurries off clutching card looking for tickets**

thegreatape
    Free Member

Leftism became my ‘if you could only keep one of your CDs’ CD when I bought it, and has never been usurped.

Nick

Looking forwards to the new album, but I bet they still haven’t surpassed this

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMY9UI77oXY[/video]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Leftfield album and tour dates’ is closed to new replies.