Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New LBS required near Bishopbriggs in Glasgow
  • haggis1978

Am moving from the southside over to Bishopbriggs shortly and was hoping someone could recommend me a good new local bike shop. I know of Big Al at Wheelcraft out in Clachan of Campsie and he’s the front runner at present but is there anyone else. Cheers

bencooper
    Free Member

Solid Rock in Balmore aren’t too far.

Spin
    Free Member

I know of Big Al at Wheelcraft

Have you been?

Not your average bike shop.

haggis1978

ah yeah i think ive passed Solid Rock before. And yes ive had the pleasure of Big Als company a few times. Its like the Tardis that wee shop. You go in for 10 mins and come out and 3 hours has passed! 😀

Spin
    Free Member

You go in for 10 mins and come out and 3 hours has passed!

and you haven’t got what you came for or parted with any money.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Can you describe wheelcraft as a LBS? Doesn’t seem fitting, somehow.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Does anyone need an lbs? 😉 I’m in Torrance. Solid rock are friendly but their sales range is limited. Nice e to park your car amongst the chickens and dogs though.

Spin
    Free Member

Can you describe wheelcraft as a LBS? Doesn’t seem fitting,

It’s more of an ‘experience’.

haggis1978

Not too bothered about a sales range. Its just really for the very few things that I cannot fix on my bike myself.

rj
    Free Member

Flying Fox maybe?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Solid rock is your answer. I could show you around Lennox forest sometime if you want a local place to bike

bencooper
    Free Member

and you haven’t got what you came for or parted with any money.

I always get what I go for (but that’s usually to have a go on his spoke machine), but getting Al to take any money is a struggle…

iainc

Well its only about 7 miles out of the city centre, so you’d be quicker going to Dales/Alpine/Evans surely

Spin
    Free Member

Well its only about 7 miles out of the city centre, so you’d be quicker going to Dales/Alpine/Evans surely

OP was looking for an LBS not some generic chain.

iainc

I thought LBS is local bike shop, as in a bike shop that is nearby 🙂 oh well 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Dales aren’t really a chain, and are very good…

Spin
    Free Member

Dales aren’t really a chain, and are very good

They’re not a chain but they’re also not the kind of place you can build a relationship with.

I thought LBS is local bike shop, as in a bike shop that is nearby

See above.

haggis1978

Yep definitely a LBS style shop I’m looking for. Gutted to be looking for a new one as the one I had was superb. The plus side of moving over that side of the city though is that I get to explore up around mugdock, the WHW and Lennox a lot more as its right on my doorstep, not that I’ve ever been up Lennox I think so GlasgowDan I might just take you up on that offer 🙂

iainc

Which shop did you use when you were on the South Side ?

If you have a car, feel free to come along to milngavie on a Tue or wed evening and we (GMBC) can show you some of the local trails too !

haggis1978

Thanks very much Iain. Been on a couple of rides with GMBC a few years ago but time/work commitments and travelling over there curtailed my riding a bit. Will be completely different though now i’ll be closer.

I was using Craig MacMartin cycles in Shawlands. Stevie Morris is superb at sorting things out.

cazum
    Free Member

big al!!! 🙂 love that guy. its like rumplestiltskin sitting in his corner! got told never to ask for black spokes…. i didn’t he then offered me them… i assumed this was a trick and just said whatever he though was best lol.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

+1 for Stevie Morris, he worked wonders on my seriously tired Anthem, got to travel from Dumbarton to Shawlands though, which is a serious pain.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New LBS required near Bishopbriggs in Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.