Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New laptop for £300-£400??
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

AS per title. Can one be had for this sorta money?

Only really need it for web & email, and I have a 1TB ext hard disk so space wont be a massive issue.

Any recommendations folks?

Conqueror
    Free Member

may as well save yourself 200-250 quid (and lugging weight) by getting a netbook if the requirements are just surfing/general

bonzodog
    Free Member

Sorry Im a bit out of touch. Whats a netbook?

stevemtb
    Free Member

The advice I got off here was to go for a Lenovo. No regrets, it’s a great bit of kit. If you can get one in your price range I wouldn’t hesitate.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Cheers Conqueror, and sorry you had to go through all that for me 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I got a cheap HPG61 from Tesco last year for internet, e-mail and photo storage. £390 IIRC.

It has been way better than I expected.

crashbanggg
    Free Member

Look on curry’s refurbished, all our comps/ laptops have come from there, all have looked/ worked as new. Plus its dirt cheap for decent spec!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Lenovo G560 with 500 memories and 6 rams – £320 inc vat delivered here: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/product/id/1087835

I wouldn’t even bother looking elsewhere at that price

CaptJon
    Free Member

secondhand macbook

mboy
    Free Member

6GB of RAM is arbitrary on that Lenovo, you would never need that much Unless you were running lots of applications at the same time. That and the processor in it is going to struggle, being only a pentium dual core, with anything you may need that much RAM for.

Far better to sacrifice some RAM and get a much better processor IMO. You want at least a core i3 really… Check out the following, will be much faster all-round, and you’ll still be able to put more RAM in if you ever need to…

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_R540_1055339.html

mboy
    Free Member

Or for more processing power still, sacrificing only 1GB of RAM (you’ll be fine with 3, can always upgrade to more for peanuts if required in future), there is this… With a MASSIVE £220 off!

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_G62-b32SA_1083654.html

abennell
    Free Member

I got a acer thing from Curry’s for £329 a couple of months ago, it does the job well.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up folks.

A netbook would probably do the job, but Id prefer the larger screen of a lappie, and those recs from mboy look like where my money is going.

Thanks all 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I got an Acer too – does the job fine for me (music/pictures on there and used for surfing).

Cost £400 about a year ago and has decent RAM/HD (although I forget what exactly). The same machine is about £300 now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dell Outlet

Good deals on refurb/cancelled orders

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New laptop for £300-£400??’ is closed to new replies.