Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Laptop Battery
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

The battery in my Dell laptop has reached the end of its useful life and won’t charge any more.

A new genuine Dell replacement is something stupid like £124 😯

Is it worth buying one of the unbranded compatible ones from eBay, or are these completely useless/dangerous?

I got a genuine HP one from HK for £60 odd. I’ll find the link when I get to my pooter later.

nickjb
    Free Member

Lots of the ebay ones are shocking for battery life. You might get lucky, read the feedback carefully or try and find a better deal on a decent one.

hp_source

You’ll probably find that there are some ‘halfway houses’ available, not Genuine Dell £££, and not Ebay cheapo.

Try putting your model number in Amazon, thet’ll likely turn up a few, they tend to have 12month warranty etc…

chrisdw
    Free Member

I got a double size battery for my HP laptop

Sticks out a bit from the bottom, but it lasts for about 7 to 8 hours now!

Its a Trent one from Amazon I believe. Was about £30

nedrapier

I got a New Trent from Amazon, on my Dad’s recommendation. We’ve both found battery life is at least as good as the original, price is reasonable, and neither has burst into flames.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies all.

Looks like Amazon is the place to go.

stever
    Free Member

Daughter’s had a 20 quid copy from Amazon for a few months. So far nobodies died. I’ve got a new mains supply on the way too actually, same outcome hopefully 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got a Dell battery from HK that had double the csapacity of the original. Cost pennies, but took about 2 weeks to get here. Working well.

I got a ‘Genuine’ Dell Power supply too, but that’s about as genuine as a politician.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Laptop Battery’ is closed to new replies.