Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Kitchen
  • Danno72
    Free Member

Getting a new Kitchen. Got Howdens and Homebase doing some plans for us. Just wondering if any one has and tips for saving money or good/bad experiences with any companies?

Cheers

Dan

wrightyson
    Free Member

You got an account at howdens? Didn’t think they dealt with you otherwise?

Danno72
    Free Member

Got a mate to open an account. He is in the trade.

thehustler
    Free Member

Howds, buy B4 the end of Oct its their one and ONLY sale time of the year (ex howdens designer) also they hold stock so any issues that might come up are far easier to resolve

creamegg
    Free Member

might be worth checking if they have a budget and a premium range. My ex girlfriend fancied a kitchen which was in the premium range which came to around £7500. We took quotes and nice pretty drawing home and did further research on internet including their website and discvered the base units in both the premium range and budget range were exactly the same but cost more than twice as much on the premium quote. So went back to the shop and said we want the base unite (i.e. carcass) from the budget range but the doors and visible bits from the premium range. This brought the cost down to around £3000 and we made further savings by compromising on some big fashinalbe pan draws, which looked good, but didnt justify the price. With some further negotiating the price dropped to £1500. Also realised the guy (probably on commission) had added things to the uote that wasnt needed. So with a bit of research, negotiating etc you could make significant savings. We got the worktop from IKEA. It was a solid beach one for about £60 for 3m length. Not the best quality wood worktop but for £60 you cant go wrong.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

ebay

Been looking out for the right kitchen for a couple of months now. Alas, one that I was watching ended while I was away and I missed it. It had cost £20k 4 years ago and went for £700. Would have fitted outr space almost perfectly and came complete with all NEFF appliances, granite tops, butlers sink etc.

Only a matter of time until the next one though.

If you’re at all technical – Google Sketchup is a brilliant tool for sorting out and visualising your layout + it has a huge library of pre-drawn units and appliances that you can use to populate your space.

Here’s what ours will be like.

Danno72
    Free Member

Nice one guys, thanks. Been looking at Ikea worktops and think we will definitely go for the solid oak ones. Will look into the carcass situation.

erny
    Free Member

Just buy your whole kitchen from IKEA I’ve fitted lots of them and they are great and really good value

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Kitchen’ is closed to new replies.