Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Kia Sportage – Would you?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Being 40y+ I was bought up in the days where Kia(and Hyundai) were not so good. In the last 8 years the brand has improved substantially world wide.

So in your opinion- is something like a CRV/Rav4 still worth the 10%+ over the Sportage? Or are the Koreans still not there yet?

MoreCashThanDash

No direct experience of that model, but I’ve had Hyundai’s as hire cars, and my parents have an i30. Good cars, well built, easy to drive, great warranties and excellent service from local dealership.

A mate got an i20 last year and reckons it is up there with his Golf for quality. I’m not that convinced yet….

I’d certainly test drive a Kia/Hyundai, and then see if other “brands” can justify the extra cost for you.

PePPeR

I’ve had a Santa Fe, it was a good car, I’m fact I was so confident of it I sold it to my next door neighbour, she and her husband rate it too, good for towing their caravan and lovely and smooth.

For the money they are good.

matt_outandabout

Kia for spec for the price, yes.
    Sportage – no. My sister has one.
    Big car outside, with the smallest boot and less space than equivalent saloon, and feels like it’s on stilts round corners. Like most faux by fours.

andy4d

I have a 2015. Loving it. Just had its 1st service and not had any issues. With the seats down it fits my bike in the back without taking wheels off. It’s not huge but big enough for my needs. Dealer gave me best trade in on my old car, threw in boot liner and 3 years servicing. It drives well (its no racer mind) and has loads of toys. Only down is it can be a bit thirsty especially around town (1.7 diesel). I find the build quality as good as most. I had a passat before (and 2 cars before that were vw) but prefer my sportage. I find it great value and would happily get another (well to be honest I like the hyundai tuscon over the new shape sportage)

somouk
    Free Member

It’s the engines that let these cars down, they don’t seem to be anywhere near the mainstream as far as power and efficiency go.

I quite like the sportage but the previous version I looked at the boot wasn’t that big for the size of car.

iainc

Wife has a 2011 Kia Soul, which we bought 3 months old ex demo. Great car and would definitely have another. It’s a 1.6 petrol.

Trekster

On our 2nd Sorrento, the current one is a K2. MrsT is unlikely to want any else. We have 4 grandkids and until last month a caravan, so likely to require a 7 seater for some years to come. My days of wanting/needing a “performance ” car have passed, a car needs to be function over form/style/speed for me now. As retirement/ pension age closes in downsizing to some 3 cylinder box on wheels may be out next move!!!! Rather get the bus(free atm in Scotland) 😆
    MrsT had a Kia(small 7 seater)as a hire car recently and liked it.
    Shortage as has been mentioned is a bit small inside for my 6ft frame as is the Quashqui(sp?)

footflaps

Supposed to be superb (gets good reviews). We get one next month (wife works for Kia UK, so just swapping company car from 2015 Sportage to 2016 model).

Selling like hot cakes apparently, record orders for it so far.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Kia Sportage – Would you?’ is closed to new replies.