Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Jekyll or stick with the Prophet?
  • chugg08

What do you think? I’ve just taken delivery of a new Jekyll frame complete with DYAD shock direct from Cannondale. Do I keep it and build it up or sell it on and stick with the Prophet?

Thinking about selling it and using the proceeds towards a “new” sailing dinghy.

Garry_Lager

If you’ve taken delivery of it and are immediately thinking of sticking with the prophet and buying a boat then it sounds like the jekyll is not setting your heart racing?
    Personally I’d be really keen to get it ridden as I think it looks like a potentially great bike – The prophet is a great bike too, though, and rowing boats don’t grow on trees. Hard to say without knowing more about where you are with your riding atm.

You’d probably clear a grand for the new frame I would have thought? Not seen what they’re going for on the bay.

chugg08

I’ve been excited for weeks. It looks great and gets good reviews – trouble is that the head (and the wife) says “you’ve got 2 other mountain bikes and a road bike, why do you need another?” Also would love a Phantom Dinghy and the money would go some way to getting one. As you say £1k sounds reasonable – the shock sells for over £400.

james
    Free Member

Ride (build up?) the Jekyll, tell her you’ve sold the prophet while sticking it in the loft (or a mates) or something. Decide if you miss the prophet, sell one of them once you’ve decided?

EDIT: though once you’ve ridden the Jekyll, it won’t be worth as much to sell?

Garry_Lager

yeah see why you can’t really keep both, problem is the prophet frame is only going to go for beer money nowadays. So it’s jekyll v phantom.

chugg08

Fair point. James, like your idea.

After a couple of Thursday night beers the plan seems simple. Hide prophet frame, build Jekyll, buy Phantom on credit card. Cycle to work scheme payments (for C456) end next month. Use the value of the payments to pay off the Phantom…simples 😆

garage-dweller

Lmao! Phantom – kind of left field choice but fancied one myself for a while ended up with a Laser. Very not niche.

Love the loft plan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Jekyll or stick with the Prophet?’ is closed to new replies.