Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New issue – Sim’s article in West Cumbria
  • parkedtiger
    Free Member

Does anyone know where those trails are ? Is it Setmurphy Woods by any chance ? Is it worth a ride over from Keswick or will the kids nail me for being over 30 ?

Vortexracing

those were my thoughts when reading it last night.

GRID REF PLEASE

anc
    Free Member

Haven’t seen the article, but setters is definately worth a ride. Only trouble is you really need local knowledge to find most of the stuff other than the downhill. Its tight rooty and technical, does wonders for your bike handling. 😉

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Cheers Anc – which is the best way to enter the woods for an explore do you think – from the Embleton side (that road up from entrance to the golf course I was thinking) or is it better from the north:

anc
    Free Member

Parkedtiger – Here’s a crude map of the trails in the area, your better parking Embleton side(see map). There’s more stuff in there and the map just shows the general direction of the trail and isn’t accurate in anyway 🙂 Once you know your all the trails there’s at least 2 hrs of trail in there with very little overlap. Hope this helps 🙂

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Cheers Anc – that’s my Sunday morning sorted 😀

Sim

Nope, it’s not Setmurthy, although Setters is an ace place to ride when it’s dry.

anc
    Free Member

Is it Dent then? Still haven’t see the said article but i know there’s a fare bit of trail building going on there. And yes setters v muddy when wet, should be fine sunday after the dry week.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Come on Sim – give us a clue 😉

Sim

I’m sworn to secrecy, but if you live in West Cumbria it’s not too hard to work it out 🙂

I’m hearing that the FC have taken some heavy machinery up there though and things aren’t what they were, so I’m not sure how much is rideable anyway. 🙁

anc
    Free Member

Just seen article, Tiz Dent. 😉

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Cheers Anc – I see where you mean – I’ll have a nosey next time I’m over that way.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New issue – Sim’s article in West Cumbria’ is closed to new replies.