Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • "New iPad" Screen Replacement
  • Notter
    Free Member

Hi folks, looking for some advice if anyone is able. Like a t*t I managed to drop my iPad and now have a nice hairline crack in the screen running horizontally over the whole width. Interestingly it doesn’t actually affect viewing etc. but nevertheless I certainly want to get it sorted.

Does anyone know how much Apple would charge to replace it? I’m just wanting to weigh up that versus house insurance excess to sort it out.
    Thanks!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Probably £5,000

Notter
    Free Member

That’s almost too funny…..
    Anyone with a genuine answer?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I replaced the back and front of an Iphone4 on the weekend with a screen (and LCD) and steel back both off ebay, came with the tools n’ all.

Its a (very big) bit fiddly, just make sure you get the one with the “screw mat” or its a PITA, I didn’t and miraculously ended up with a few ‘extra’ after rebuild! still it works and its not that hard to do.

total cost £40.00 and some colourful language.

check ebay and see if replacement parts are available?

jam-bo

Try the apple store first?

I’ve certainly heard of them swapping out in warranty iPhones with cracked screens.

Notter
    Free Member

Thanks, I was going to book a genius bar appointment to see but useful to get opinions / experiences also. I don’t want to go down the manual repair route as it’s still within standard warranty and doing that would void it.

Any other views are welcome. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘"New iPad" Screen Replacement’ is closed to new replies.