Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New (in stock) wheel suggestions
  • Nick

Just discovered that I’ve broken yet another Hope XC rear axle, a week or so before the Dyfi enduro. Also the wheel needs some tlc as it’s got a bit of a buckle.

Stuggling a bit to decide what to do re sorting it, given the time I’ve got and all these f’in bank holidays, basically 3 working days between now and the Dyfi.

Both CRC and Wiggle are out of stock on axles and I’m not that hopefull about the remaining google shopping results being able to get me an axle in time or my ability to true the sodding wheel.

Custom built is clearly out of the question, and the factory wheels that are in stock are a bloody fortune!

Can anyone recommend a not too heavy rear wheel that I’m likely to be able to order tomorrow and get by Thursday?

colin27
    Free Member

Biketreks have just received a ton of new Hope wheels, as well as some cheaper Shimano hub/Mavic rims and a couple of sets of Mavic’s. I was in yesterday and really liked the look of the Stans rims on Hope straight pull Pro2 hubs.

The wheels don’t appear to be on their website yet (www.biketreks.net) but from past experience just call or email and they’ll get you sorted.

Murray

Just Riding Along have non Evo Hope Hoops for £250

TheDoctor
    Free Member

I have a brand new pro 2 QR rear axle going spare if you want it?

toys19
    Free Member

How about a superstar switch hub, I have one 2nd hand 20 posted.

Nick

Cheers for the replies, it’s an XC hub so the Pro 2 axle won’t fit and I don’t have the time or skills to build up a wheel. Went looking today and Mellor’s in Shrewsbury throught they had a Pro II/XC717 but it turned out to be on some massive heavy hoop 🙁 Looks like I might be doing the Dyfi on the rigid singlespeed then..

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Nick, Swinnerton Cycles at Cannock Chase have a big range of Hope wheels in stock and are a Hope Tech centre. Not too far away from you either if you’re near Shrewsbury, so you could pick one up rather than wait for delivery.

http://www.bikechase.co.uk

uplink
    Free Member

http://www.justridingalong.com//shop.php?product=9832

Give them a call on Tues rather than relying on internet ordering and they should have something available [as above] and get it on next day delivery to you

18bikes

we’ve got stock of the Hope XC axle(along with bearings etc), could be posted out tomorrow. Either that, or we’ve got Hope Hoops on Stans Crest, that might suit if you’re thinking an upgrade? 😉 Free stans tape/valves/sealant with Hoops.

Si

Nick

Hi Si, yes I have been thinking about an upgrade, are they Pro II hubs? Please drop me a mail with the cost of a pair of Hope Hoops/Crest rims please (e-mail address in profile).

Cheers

M6TTF
    Free Member

cant fault 18bikes service – sent my hoops out asap – and they’ve been great. still true despite a battering 🙂

18bikes

Nick, I’ve emailed, thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New (in stock) wheel suggestions’ is closed to new replies.