Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Hope QR skewers
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

any good or still dodgy?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Were they dodgy before? Saw the new post QR and really dont like the shape currently.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the qr skewers not the seat

tommytowtruck

I think the new shape lever looks better – easier on your hands when closing them up, couldn’t get on with the old shape but quite fancy some of the new ones. I’d be interested to hear from people who have them.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I have them on the singlespeed and they are better. The cam seems smoother and the lever is a better shape, though the backside is still a bit sharp. They seem to have a more definite lock down too – closer to the kind of thing you get on a good Mavic road bike QR, where it’s very definitely closed tight shut. An improvement over the old ones – though I’ve never had any problems with them, in spite of what some people comment.

giantjason
    Free Member

i have never had an issue with the older hope qr’s

Spud

Just switched to them over the old ones due to bike-tart syndrome, look nice but not used in anger. The seat clamps are a little odd IMO as the ‘bolt’ part is sliver not the same ano colour as the rest of the clamp.

Gary_C

I have a pair of the older type q/r’s,coming up to 5 year old,& have never had a problem with them.
    I’ve got a pair of the new design ones,6 months old,that i’ve got on my second bike,& the one on the front wheel keeps coming loose,no matter how tight it is,wheras the one on the back wheel is fine.
    Baffled! 😐

Ambrose

Never ever had a problem with my Ti versions of the older ones. Nor the Steel ones either. Not seen or tried the new ones yet.

judderman
    Free Member

Just flogged my new type on ebay, kept coming loose front and back some times a couple times a ride! Tried tightening up really tight and then just nipping up but still no good. was using in conjunction with pro 3s, gone back to XT now as never had one of those come loose.

househusband

Have new shape seat and wheel quick releases back and front. No issues, and very comfortable – way more so than the older shape.

Foundry
    Free Member

I have had mine for 3 months and no issues to report, look good, feel ok and have stayed tight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Hope QR skewers’ is closed to new replies.