Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Hope Pro 3 free Hub
  • asbrooks

Anyone grease the free hub new out of the box? I’d usually apply a small amount of grease to most new parts when fitting them. Do I really need any special kit?
    What’s the recommended service interval? (I know, how long’s a piece of string 🙄 )

thanks

njee20
    Free Member

The spline faces, or the bit that goes into the hub shell?

acer2012
    Free Member

Nope, no tools needed to grease the freehub mechanism. Just pulls off by hand, you might need to leave a few sprockets on to give something to grip though.

asbrooks

njee20, I was wondering whether I should grease the mechanism as acer2012 suggests (sorry, not clear from my original post)
    It must tight as it’s new, I’ll have another go this evening.
    Thanks

asbrooks

Thanks acer2012, was just as you said. All done 😀

mega
    Free Member

bit of a thread hijack…soz

I have a pro 2 evo on a newish bike and it’s way quieter than other hope hubs I’ve heard. Any ideas why? I like noisy hope hubs. Do I need to pull it apart and poke around or are some just quieter?

mkidley
    Free Member

The new ones are quieter, they’ve increased the number of engagement points.

asbrooks

@mega, I’m new to the joys of hope hubs. I’ve known that they are supposed to be, and have heard them on trails and they are noisy.
    The info on hope’s site pro 2 evo rear hub says that there’s 40 point engagement. I don’t know how that compares to previous incarnations and how that compares to their clickyness.
    It may be that they have been over greased or a pawl spring has come away. I’d pull it off and take a look. As acer2012 says it pulls off with your hand.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Hope Pro 3 free Hub’ is closed to new replies.