Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Hope hoops, wobble on front wheel?
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Hey guy’s, i have some new hope hoops, i’m running the front with a QR however there is a small amount of side to side movement when everything is done up tight. It seems the adapters move slightly in the hub. Anyone else experienced this? Might be a trip back to the shop!

Hugh

nasher
    Free Member

IMO, hope hubs are not what they used to be, there has been a few issues with abnormal bearing wear and play.

that said hope are really good for sorting it out

knott4me
    Free Member

hope hubs have never been great either in quality or reliability.
    i have soe hope hoops dt swiss rims on pro11.i had the same problem.

what you need to do is seat the bearing in fully against the spacer between the 2 bearings,this needs to be done with care as not to damage the seal on the bearings.

find something that sits on the outside of the bearing & give it a few gentle taps on both bearings.

i modified an old cassette removal tool & the problem has never come back.

to check what i advise is correct is to remove the wheel & skewer & feel the float in the spacer between the bearings ie put your finger in wher the skewer goes & feel the free movement.

i have rebuilt my mates 5 with pro11 hubs 3 times in 18mts for me thats too much.

i have used dt & mavic own hubs no problems for years.

hugh_b
    Free Member

took it the shop today and tried a different set of adapters, still no change. I guess it must be a bearing out of tolerance so i’m going to speak to hope again.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds odd. Can you not detect it when the wheel is in your hand?

hugh_b
    Free Member

yeah kind of, it seems like one of the adapters moves ever so slightly, but you’d think the qr would clamp this when it was done up. I’ve also tried it in some fox forks with the same result!

Hugh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Hope hoops, wobble on front wheel?’ is closed to new replies.