Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New Helmet advice
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

Need to replace my Giro Xen as I’ve had a few offs and wacked it fair bit, last one was the other weekend when I had a big off on black ice on the bivvy ride and really cracked my bonce 🙁

There’s no visable damage but just want peace of mind.

Do I go for another Xen or something else?

ideas?

Ta

Pete

cubemeup
    Free Member

with ur size head pete get the fox flux best around loads of colours!! 😉

cubemeup
    Free Member

with ur size head pete get the fox flux best around loads of colours!! 😉

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’ve just got a fox flux. Fits my head really well, better than the xen I had before. It feels very stable. I don’t like the straps so much though, it’s such a bonus having the straps come out of the helmet itself not the inside if you know what I mean?

steveo48
    Free Member

if your last Xen put up with all that then go for another one, i’m on my second as i cant find one thats as comfortable as a Xen.

Northwind

Fit of the xen and flux is a bit different though, I can’t wear a xen but the flux is perfect on me. Funny helmet the flux, it’s enormous and the straps aren’t fitted right and the fitting mechanism is pretty basic, it doesn’t have an adjustable visor and of course there’s the rear spoiler monstrosity (which weirdly is harder to remove than the visor) but despite that it just works.

Lots of people are recommending the new 661 Recon, worth giving that a crack I think if you can find one to try on.

coatesy
    Free Member

YGM

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok cheers will try and find a 661 recon to size and I do like the flux, I think I saw one in Tredz in gloss black with red flames and look the business.

will start looking for some deals – anyone know of any??

valleydaddy
    Free Member

coatesy YGM back and ta

valleydaddy
    Free Member

looking at the 661 I like the way it covers more of the back of the head has anyone got one yet???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for the Fox Flux nice and protective

Pridds

If you fancy another Xen you can get one through the Giro crash replaement service.
    Giro
    Don’t worry too much about having the receipt as I never have mine as they have all come through crash replacement

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

If your prepared to wait ’till feb giro are bringing out the successor to the xen (the xar).

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I got a 661 Recon (right size) but it sat too high on the head, actually not coming down as far at the back as my road helmet. Off the head of course it looks like it will provide good rear coverage.

It went back for a refund. I might have tried the next size up but didn’t think it would work and was far from impressed with the quality of the thing with the padding pieces hanging off it – they are only secured by small dots of a very fine version of velcro.

I had waited ages for it to come out but then it did not have the adjustable peak of the pictured ones which further reduced its utility.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Got a MET Kaos UL and love it.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I looked at the giro replacement process probably give that a try ta Pridds.

hainman
    Free Member

sorry to jump in here but ive ordered a specialized tactic helmet for crimbo.has anyone used one or know if theyre any good.
    cheers craig

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve tried the Xen but found the Hex more comfortable and much cheaper

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New Helmet advice’ is closed to new replies.