Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • new game releases: what are you looking forward to?
  • Creg

Seeing as there are a few gamers on here and Im bored I thought I would ask.

Personally Im looking forward to the new Deus EX game and Portal 2 (which looks simply fantastic and has maintained that dark comedy).

I noticed at E3 there is yet another Need For Speed title coming, this one looking very arcadey. I used to like the NFS games but recently they have been piss poor (well, the last 4 titles have). I'd like to think it would be a good release but I doubt it.

So what about the rest of you?

Drac

Portal 2 looking good.

Mafia 2 looking promising too.

New NFS I've been a beta tested, it's a bit shit to be honest doesn't feel right.

Little Big Planet 2 is looking pretty fine.

njee20
    Free Member

Mafia was amazing, so Mafia 2 should be good.

I'm interested to see if GT5 lives up to the hype, for me it's the most over rated series ever!

fubar
    Free Member

I'm interested to see what GoldenEye turns out like on the Wii as I missed it the first time around.

molgrips
    Free Member

GT5…

I loved GT3 – it was a driving game, fair enough.. but it sucked you in and I ended up playing it obsessively. I think because to get better you had to be really good, not just ok at gaming.

Creg

Brink looks interesting too, done by Bethesda. Seems to mix co-op, single player and multiplayer all at the same time. Looks like there could be a story mode too.

Does seem to go to the extremes of customer characterization though.

Never played Mafia, will look it up.

New Metal Gear Solid looks interesting but its 360 only

Danny79
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to Civilization 5 and Shogun 2 Total War.

fubar
    Free Member

New Metal Gear Solid looks interesting but its 360 only

Oooh ! – that too

Hohum
    Free Member

fubar – Member
    I'm interested to see what GoldenEye turns out like on the Wii as I missed it the first time around.

When's that coming out?

I loved it on the N64. One of my all time favourite games 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to Civilization 5

My wife likes Civ, so I was looking at that for her benefit. It looks exactly the same annoyingly limited gameplay though as before just with slightly better and more intrusive graphics… Am I wrong?

njee20
    Free Member

I think because to get better you had to be really good, not just ok at gaming.

Except you could just use the others cars or the walls to get around corners. How a driving game can pride itself on realism when there's no decent damage model (that doesn't look to change for GT5) is a joke, it's an absolutely fundamental part of racing!

Drac

Dust 514 is hinting toward the future of gaming. It's a fps by the people who created eve mmo which is a massive sci-fi game with huge universe. Dust will allow players to fight as mercinaries for eve players to gain mining rights of planets.

http://www.dust514.org/

Creg

When's that coming out?

I loved it on the N64. One of my all time favourite games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ye93OYb4C4

November 2010 according to the trailer info.

I didnt know another version was coming out. Just watched the trailer and I love the fact that the graphics dont look really advanced and spectacular (I know the Wii isnt exactly fab anyway).

xc-steve
    Free Member

Portal 2 for sure, I'm ashamed to admit it but the new halo game!

The next Gears of War better be good after the let down of an ending the previous game gave!

redthunder
    Free Member

Elite 4

SWOS Online

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Arma2:Operation Arrowhead, out today!
    Can't wait for GT5, spent faaaar too long driving an M3 CSL round the 'ring in GT4.

jon1973
    Free Member

GT5…

That's been a long time coming hasn't it? It was originally due for release at the beginning of March I think. Not sure what the delay is. But it does look good (I had GT3 on the PS2). Hopefully there will be some good on-line elements to it as well.

Red Dead Redemption is still keeping me busy at the moment.

Eccles
    Free Member

The nerd-tacular Space Marine.

I'll get my coat *rolls D20, selects linen jacket + extra reputational damage*

Danny79
    Free Member

Molgrips- each to there own I never really felt limited playing Civ.

Though they have made some key changes like one unit per tile so no more "stacking" armies which should shift the tactical focus a bit. Plus the introduction of city states as well as nations which is supposed to change up diplomatic relations.

Drac

Think eccles you've missed something. Eve or dust aren't RPGs

molgrips
    Free Member

It's terribly prescriptive and limiting.

All you can do (as I understand it) is adjust certain parameters to develop along pre-defined paths at different speeds.

I'd like to see a cross between Sim City and Civ. So you build a city, then its success gives you your power base from which to conquer the world 🙂 I'd also like to add Geography to the mix, so you can occupy stragetic locations. Now that, I'd play.

Danny79
    Free Member

Granted you can't design the city itself as in determining it's layout, but the structures you choose to build, it's geographical location and whether or not you develop it's surroundings are key. There has to be some trade-off between the level you can mico-manage and just being able to get on with the game I think they manage it fairly well. Sure more in-depth city design would be nice early game but would slow things up late game. Like I said each to there own.

You might like the Caesar 3 or similar (fairly old now) Sim City-ish with some limited combat.

pypdjl
    Free Member

All you can do (as I understand it) is adjust certain parameters to develop along pre-defined paths at different speeds.

You understand it poorly, it actually works much more like the way you seem to want it to work. It's all been downhill since civ2 though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think the game is meant to be a quick 30 minute spin, rather than the indefinite epic that I am looking for…

Haze

Battlefield 3

*crosses fingers*

rkk01
    Free Member

Gran Turismo 5.

Except you could just use the others cars or the walls to get around corners. How a driving game can pride itself on realism when there's no decent damage model (that doesn't look to change for GT5) is a joke, it's an absolutely fundamental part of racing!

Looks like you need to refresh your knowledge of GT5 (although no-one will know for sure what is in until it comes out…) Even GT5P had the (highly frustrating) time penalty system for wall / car contacts or grass excusrsions…

Trying to resist the temptation towards CoD Black Ops

redthunder
    Free Member

What about a nice game of Chess ?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, I'm aware of what they're promising, basically 2 levels of car, a 'premium' line, with lots of detail dipping headlights (WOOOOOO!) and damage. I predict that will be 5 cars. The other 995 will be 'standard' and will get a bit scratched when you hit a wall at 200mph!

I just find it odd that so many people can cream themselves over a game with such a crap arcade element!

It was originally due for release at the beginning of March I think.

It was originally originally, way back when, due for release with the PS3, so that's erm… 4 years late!

rkk01
    Free Member

some further on GT5 – from GT Planet

All cars will be able to “roll over” if involved in an accident.

Damage may “not necessarily be applied to all races in the game”.

Physics-Affecting Damage
    This is damage in which the physics simulation is affected by alignment deviations, etc. This is damage that affects controllability, and the car may not drive straight, or it might become unstable in corners, etc. depending on the amount of damage. Affects all cars.

Dirt, Scratches, and Dents
    This is damage that can be visually seen, and involves dirtying of the body, scratches and dents. Affects all cars.

Separation (dislocation) of Body Panels
    This is damage in which body panels are dislocated from their original positions, or deform. Affects only premium cars.

samuri
    Free Member

I've really enjoyed playing crackdown recently so crackdown 2 is next on my list.

Civ 5 too.

njee20
    Free Member

How are people getting excited about that!? Colin McRae rally did a better job in 1997!

Looks good yes, but I'd rather play a better game with terrible graphics!

As for this:

Damage may “not necessarily be applied to all races in the game”.

WHY NOT!?

That's like a football game without fouls, or a FPS where you can't get shot!

Lifer
    Free Member

I'd like to see a cross between Sim City and Civ. So you build a city, then its success gives you your power base from which to conquer the world I'd also like to add Geography to the mix, so you can occupy stragetic locations. Now that, I'd play.

Have you played Total War?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cant wait for GT5,i was talking to the local geek in GAME and he said it would have been out a ages ago but they decided to add 3D elements to it which held it all up.

playing RED Dead at the moment which is great

iain1775
    Free Member

I'd like to see a cross between Sim City and Civ. So you build a city, then its success gives you your power base from which to conquer the world I'd also like to add Geography to the mix, so you can occupy stragetic locations. Now that, I'd play.

bit like settlers then?
    used to love that game

DavidB
    Free Member

I'm desperate to place GT5 as I minced round the Ring in a real car and want to go back and do it fast 😉

Creg

Drac – Im sured Ive asked you this in the past but how did you get into the beta testing thing? Did you just email developers?

Im looking at a long time laid up injured so need something else to do 😀

Drac

Drac – Im sured Ive asked you this in the past but how did you get into the beta testing thing? Did you just email developers?

Yeah basically they announce beta testing for most games at some point, you send an email and wait to see if your lucky.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What about a nice game of Chess ?

Is that on 360 or PS3?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, I haven't played most of the sim/civ games out there 🙂

I dunno about the WAR ones.. I'm not necessarily a warmonger.. I wish I could just develop like real countries did.. bit of war here, bit of posturing there.. some co-operation thrown in, you know.

Del

small PSA – Valve have a sale on, on steam right now. all of COD for 20 quid for instance. they're doing a package of the GTA games too, and loads of other stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘new game releases: what are you looking forward to?’ is closed to new replies.