Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New full-sus – CONFUSION RAINZ!
  • willard

First up, I’d like to say that I am tall – 6′ 5″ to be roughly near.

Second, I’ve got the n+1 itch and would like a full suss that I can take just about anywhere to do just about anything. However, I live in Cambridgeshite, so the riding is flatter than a flat thing unless I head west to Wales, Cannock or, basically, anywhere with geography.

If you had about 3k to spend on a do it all full suss, what would you recommend? I’ve always fancied a Stumpy FSR, but now they have the Enduro and I have no idea how that compares with the normal Stumpy FSR. Is it more gnar? Betterer? I’ve also seen the Bronson. It’s awesome, but is it genuinely too much bike for what I am likely to do? Do I want an All Mountain? CONFUSION!

Remember, this is for a tall person of about 87kg…

iolo
    Free Member

If you can afford it just go with whatever your heart desires. Test ride as many bikes as you can in the terrain they were meant for.

v666ern
    Free Member

get yourself down to BPW/FOD/cannock and hire a bike for a day 🙂
    those 3 all sound good, though have fun finding out (and tell us what 27.5+ is like too)

sambob
    Free Member

Ride lots of bikes, some with big wheels and some with slightly smaller wheels, and buy the one that makes you smile the most.

willard

Testing might mean a lot of travelling, a lot of cycling. I can do that…

I think I might make a start on that this weekend at a Specialized/Whyte/Giant dealer near me. Get some time in on something nice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New full-sus – CONFUSION RAINZ!’ is closed to new replies.