Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New full-face helmet time
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any thoughts on the Fox Rampage? Do they have fully removable linings? If not, any oother suggestions?

patriotpro
    Free Member

TLD carbon D3

mikey74
    Free Member

Too expensive and cumbersome (I tried one on last time I was looking for a new helmet.

rumbler
    Free Member

After a lot of web trawling, I’ve just ordered the Giro Cipher, looks to me to be the best value, I’ll let you know once I get it.

mikey74
    Free Member

Funnily enough, I’ve just been looking at one of those as well. I can’t seem to find any reviews, though.

rumbler
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s fairly new I guess. One of the reasons I went for it is size; I’ve got a huge head, 61cm, and their large covers this, it looks good in the photos, I went for the white red and black.

This guy is from Portland and would not be out of place on the set of Portlandia:

burnie
    Free Member

I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. After trying on a number of brands I was down to the Giro Cipher and the Fox Rampage. In the end I swallowed the slightly larger price tag and (imo) not quite so nice styling and opted for the better fit of the cipher. So far it has been excellent. The ventilation is good and I found it comfortable for long periods of time I have not yet used it for a whole day as, on its first outing at BPW, I crash hard in one of the black rock gardens. The helmet held up well to the impact and the peak just bent out the way of the impact rather than snapping. Lucky as you don’t seem to be able to get spares yet. The GoPro mount seems sturdy although I don’t have one to test it with. All in all other than the availability of spare peaks it seems perfect and I am very glad I chose the Giro.

mikey74
    Free Member

Well, so much for budgets, lol.

I went over to Evans and trued on the Rampage, The Spesh Dissident Comp and the Rampage Pro and guess what? I went for the Rampage Pro. It just felt far more comfortable than the others.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New full-face helmet time’ is closed to new replies.