Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New front tyre adivce
  • james266
    Free Member

I have a Titus FTM carbon that I use as an all round bike. I currently have some Specialized Fast Track 2.2 tyres on Mavic XC717 rims. They are excellent for trail centres as the tracks are hard packed and good tyres for dry conditions and very predictable because they have quite a round profile especially with the narrow rims.

The problem is that they dont have enough grip when it starts to get a bit looser on unprepared surfaces and loose on corners.

Im looking for a new front and maybe rear tyre that is a little wider (2.3) and has more pronounced ridges for better cornering and off camber stuff. I was looking at the Nobby Nics but have heard that they dont last very long.

Has anyone got and good suggestions?

djbagines
    Free Member

Hi,

I run a specialized purgatory on the front and a spesh ground control on the rear. I think there a fantastic combo, ran these through winter and up to now and still going strong. Plenty of grip and rolls pretty well to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Minion 2.35 *best all round tyre

*IMHO for what I do

FuzzyWuzzy

Hans Dampf Trailstar, although they wear fairly quickly to. At the end of the day if you want a grippy tyre it’s going to have a soft compound so it’s going to wear faster than a ‘normal’ tyre.

rocketman
    Free Member

Im looking for a new front and maybe rear tyre that is a little wider (2.3) and has more pronounced ridges for better cornering and off camber stuff

Maxxis Advantage. Fabulous in rubble and loose conditions but not draggy on the hardpack. Minion-esque shoulders with a smooth easy-rolling centre tread. 2.25 is a good size 2.4 is massive.

Nobby Nics rubbish in corners (2.4 excepted)

james266
    Free Member

@ mikewsmith
    I used to used Minons on my DH bike and they were amazing. Do they do a none DH, lighter version?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardent would be my choice…

or a Bontrager XR4.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New front tyre adivce’ is closed to new replies.