Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Frame…Titus El Guapo or FTM Carbon?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new frame and like the look (and prices) of the Titus. Have done some research on both and they both seem to get good reviews (a few dodgy ones for the old FTM with broken chainstays but this seems to be solved)
    I was wondering if any of you have either and what your thoughts are on both. I’m 6′ tall, 14st kitted up and most of my riding is on the Malvern Hills, forest of Dean so nothing major..
    Thanks

titusrider
    Free Member

what forks you got?

stevied
    Free Member

Currently 160mm Wotans but option of 150mm DT EXC’s…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

150mm on a ftm is ace

dantsw13

StevieD, I’ve just gone through exactly the same thought process. I ended up getting the FTMc, as I reckoned it was the right bike for 95% of my riding and capable enough for the other 5%, whereas the El Guapo was a bit the other way round.

My old bike was a Heckler I built up for the Alps, but also used as my main bike. It was fine for general riding, but really came into its own on the big stuff, especially with a DHX5 coil shock, so the EG will be fine as an only bike, just for me, the FTMc is a better balance.

I’ve not built it or ridden it yet, so that could all be pish!!

Conan257
    Free Member

Does the populace think that the FTMC is up to the odd Gravity Enduro?

Quite like the sound of it with a set of 150mm Rev’s, but planning on racing next year and can’t afford 2 bikes…

IA

If it’s your only bike and for mostly XCing an EG is too much bike.

IMO (though I do have one, but also an XC bike)

dantsw13

I would say that’s exactly the sort of thing it would be good for!

The lighter frame would allow a dropper post without too much weight penalty. I’m not a racer, but it’s that kind of riding that I’m getting this bike for!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Frame…Titus El Guapo or FTM Carbon?’ is closed to new replies.