Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • new frame? (150mm full suspension)
  • hunter2701
    Free Member

hi guys im after a new 150mm frame prefrebly fully sussed!
    ive been using the stunpjumper evo 2011 but it has developed a problem with the bb that is un-fixable and not covered by warrentie so i am forced to buy a new frame.
    i regually compete in endure and mini downhill races on this bike so would bike an optain that would be good for that type of riding…?
    i have upto £1500 for the frame but wholdnt like to spend that much.
    Please help me?
    (incase ur wondering what parts im using…all the ones standerd to the evo)

flow
    Free Member

Alpine 160 would be my choice.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Butcher is definitely worth a butchers [groan – sorry]

hunter2701
    Free Member

also i get 50% discount off specialized\giant bikes also…as well as some others…but im not sure of them all
    (i work in a bike shop)

lee93
    Free Member

Like the look of the new ibis mojo hd (think its a160 setup?) or pivot 5.4!!

Bregante

You work in a bike shop where you can get 50% reduction off certain brands and you’re asking strangers on a forum which bike they’d buy??

hunter2701
    Free Member

yes…im not a big fan of what specialized or giant have to offer so im asking strangers!

Bregante

[*]The 50% off would be a big pointer for me 🙂 What other brands do you sell?

toys19
    Free Member

Love my covert, still a few 2011 frames around for about 1K. Its 150 rear and prefers 160 front..

ashfanman
    Free Member

Can you still get S-Works Enduros as frame only? That must be worth a look at 50% off…

EDIT: From the Spesh site, looks like it might be US-only now: link. Pity.

james
    Free Member

“it has developed a problem with the bb that is un-fixable and not covered by warrentie so i am forced to buy a new frame”
    Not warrantied by spesh? Coz you raced it?

Either way, have they not offered you a new front triangle at a semi-reasonable price? I’d be asking them if they would
    (I got offered a stumpy carbon front triangle after I routed a brake hose wrong and effectively sawed a hole into the ‘ladies legs’ for medium price hardtail frame money a few years ago)

Rickos
    Free Member

I have a 2011 stumpy EVO. What’s the problem with the bb that can’t be fixed? All sounds a bit dubious to me. Specialized warranty is excellent.

ajr
    Free Member

[/url][/img]
    140mm/150mm adjustable travel.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A Giant Trance would be a good bike for you at full price never mind 50% off. Ditto Specilialised.

Transition, Santa Cruz as above or Yeti or Intense, lots of options towards top end of your budget with a little searching and negotiation.

Steve77
    Free Member

If you get 50% off spesh/giant get a spesh or giant

z1ppy

Again, more interested in what happened to your BB….

nixie

This

If you get 50% off spesh/giant get a spesh or giant

If your really don’t like what they offer buy one with forks and components you do like, flog the brand new frame and buy a frame you do like!

james
    Free Member

“A Giant Trance would be a good bike for you”
    Given he has a 150mm fork a giant reign frame would be better? (not reign x)

wrecker
    Free Member

How about you get spesh’s to warranty your evo? They’ve only been out for a year or so. Then just replace it with an enduro. Good bikes.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I love the Spesh frame, but they do paint them some gash colours.

The Transition and the Ventana both look great…

I’m currently running a 2009 Marin Wolf Ridge as my “big” bike, complete with a Wotan up front. State of the art it isn’t but it’s a lovely ride and I can’t see much around now that appeals in the same way at a similar price point. Sure, a Mojo HD or a Santa Cruz Gonad might be an inspired choice but the lack of a lifetime warranty on the latter is a major factor. The Mojo is a work of beauty but I’d never want to get a grain of dirt on it.

ajr
    Free Member

][/url]
    I use Wotan forks on my El Ciclon

kiwijohn

Disappointed you will not be.

chay
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega, 150mm on the back and can take upto a 170mm fork. I have a 160mm Lyric on mine. Climbs like a XC and descends like a mini downhill, awesome bikes. Got my frame for £950 with an anodised finish. Would highly recommend.

flow
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega……..Climbs like a XC

You’ve clearly never ridden an XC bike

record
    Free Member

“flow”, you’ve clearly never ridden any sort of bike. Proof of this being your need to paste my videos and claim they’re your own. You ridiculous little man.

_tom_
    Free Member

“flow”, you’ve clearly never ridden any sort of bike. Proof of this being your need to paste my videos and claim they’re your own. You ridiculous little man.

game, set and match 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

absolutely no idea how it rides, its not quite finished, this thread appeared to be the perfect excuse for posting this

juan
    Free Member

Do you need to ask… Commencal met AM if going down is what you like. Scott genius if going up is what you like. Kona Abracadabra is you like both.

All three bike would be perfect in an alpine environment.

chay
    Free Member

Flow I have ridden alot of different types of bikes.

Soobalias, you luv it mate, they are awesome toys!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

You’ve clearly never ridden with Chay! 😉

Ey up Chay!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

record – Member

Has Flow not posted his own video yet? Can’t wait to see the riding god in action.

SBrock
    Free Member

OUCH!

ska-49
    Free Member

Mojo HD, Santa cruz LTC or TRC, Yeti Arc5 or 575. All these frames can be picked up for £1500 or less in the states.

SBrock
    Free Member

Someone mentioned a Butcher, here’s mines with 36s

Untitled by brockelsby2011, on Flickr

Kuco

Never ridden any of the below but 3 that I do fancy trying.

Turner 5 spot
    Devinci Dixon
    Cannondale Jeykll

Mugboo

I thought I’d traveled back in time then with the Flow bashing 🙂

Had my first ride on my Mega yesterday. I can confirm that for a biggish bike, it’s climbs very well.

And goes down good too 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I dont know much about bikes, but I know this made me laugh.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘new frame? (150mm full suspension)’ is closed to new replies.