Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • New Forum – User Feedback
  • IHN

First off, let me say that I fully understand the $hitstorm that has engulfed the fine folks at STW Towers over the last couple of weeks. I’m incredibly impressed by their hard work and resilience at what must the worst time of year for that kind of thing to happen. Hats off to all involved in the ongoing recovery and I wish you all well.

Secondly, I like the look and feel of the new forum, especially given how quickly it’s been called into service. It is obviously still a work in progress and assuming that the forum we have now is the bare(ish) bones of what the forum will continue to be I thought this would this be a sensible time to provide some feedback.

No winges please Just sensible, constructive praise or criticism.

I’ll start.

I like:
    – The buttons to press for bold, italic, images etc
    – The edit facility
    – The general look of the forum

I’d like to see
    – who started a thread, rather than the last poster
    – a search facility
    – tabs so you can switch directly between the main, OT and classifieds forums.
    – the smilies removed (please God, please please)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’m not whinging but i kinda liked it the way it was……..

oh and take the smileys off while your at it!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the smilies removed (please God, please please)

I posted a line for a user style sheet to do that last night. You can easily hide individual elements, change colours etc etc from a style sheet

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

🙁

ton

it was better before

i like shonkytrackworld.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Like the fact that all the forums are back together on the front page so I can see off topic and bike stuff mixed in together once again.
    Pics back in the profiles again would be good as I used to tuck my email address in the photo to avoid spam.
    There’s a lot of stuff to make it look better, but that will come I’m sure in time.

IHN

‘It was better before’ isn’t exactly the constructive feedback I was after.

I realise that some of this stuff is probably in the pipeline and is rightly some way down Tom’s ‘must do’ list.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s a forum. It works OK.

Job done. Beer and mince pies all round.

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

you can search from the main forum page, look at the bottom in ‘Views’.

Smileys are the internet’s greatest feature. 🙄

nbt

I have exactly the same list as IHN

welcome to the three letter club, Si 🙂

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I like this new forum, but I would like to know what forum I am in – ie, Bike – or – off topic

rOcKeTdOg

like it as it is, inc smilies

ski
    Free Member

I like:
    – The buttons to press for bold, italic, images etc
    – The edit facility
    – The general look of the forum

I’d like to see
    – who started a thread, rather than the last poster
    – a search facility
    – tabs so you can switch directly between the main, OT and classifieds forums.
    – the smilies removed (please God, please please)

I agree with all the above, only other thing I would like to add is can we have an option to list new posts in order, like the old forum..

epo-aholic
    Free Member

email notification of a reply on your thread was good, can we have that ‘un back please?

redthunder
    Free Member

PM’s.

Loose the last poster.. Newest thread at top.

……………..phpbb3

Daffy

DO NOT PUT AVATARS IN!

No tag lines either, the rest is fine, although I would prefer who started the topic rather than the last poster.

5thElefant
    Free Member

How about a better name for the ‘off-topic’ forum? Behind the bike shed, Alan, anything… just somthing with more imagination than ‘off-topic’.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

i know it’s probably a bit late, and the guys at st-towers have done a sterling job, but I use vbulletin on my forum, and it’s very, very good. And very customiseable so you can put in / take out what features you do and don’t want.

As it is, it works currently, but the volume of posts makes the current view not really that useful.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

A preview feature new posts, particularly useful for checking images work.
    A way to jump into a thread at a certain page, i.e. the threads pages listed after the topic like here

CountZero

No comments other than fantastic job at such short notice, and I’m happy just to have a forum back, thank you. Everything else is jam.

sunchaser
    Free Member

Glad it’s back in any shape or form (it’s free after all)

Would like to see:

Who started thread aswell as last poster

Search facility

Preview option (critical for my crap spelling)

Email notification of replies to threads

I do like the edit post option though.

One whinge, The old STW looked nicer. This new one looks abit sterile.

10/10 to for the great work the STW folk have put in for getting us all back online so fast 😀 😀

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

Aye, ought to qualify anything with a:
    Bloody good job chaps!

knottie8
    Free Member

it could do with a preview button ..

Harry_the_Spider

I’d like to know who started the thread.

psling
    Free Member

I’d like to know who started the thread.

IHN started it !

(“,)

atlaz
    Free Member

Nice work from the STW tech people. One thing that is driving me a little mad at the moment is on threads with multiple pages, it’d be nice to start off at the latest post (maybe a last page link).

djglover
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member
    It’s a forum. It works OK.

Job done. Beer and mince pies all round.

Woh, don’t you realise these middle management IT types need to over analyse everything

miketually
    Free Member

Is it just me, or have the buttons for adding links, bold, etc. disappeared? On Google Chrome, if that helps.

takisawa2

I like it. Its like the old forum but converted to singlespeed.
    Simple. Effecient. Does the job.

DezB
    Free Member

Preveiw neeeded. (see)

bruneep

I like it and the fact it has a edit button.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Can we have a next/previous thread so I don’t have to keep going back to the main screen when reading a few threads to see what’s happened on here recently. Used to be older/newer I think.

soma_rich
    Free Member

All I want is to be able to change my password! When I click my name I get “User not found” screen.

What do you get in your set-up area that I am missing anyway?

peteimpreza

Edit and RSS feed is great. As is are all the features to help post url links etc.

Easier access to the various forums would be helpful. Also can you get the site to open a new tab/page when you click on a link?

radar
    Free Member

Need to lose the tags or at least filter them. Probably not very worksafe. Not very nice at all really. If I was accessing an adult *ahem * gynaecological forum or website fair enough…. but not on a bike forum.

p.s. well done for getting it all back on quickly at the ‘wrong’ time of year. Hope it was triple time!

Anonymous
    Free Member

Glupton banned.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Needs more colour I think on the threds and all threads on one page for each topic (rather than multiple pages)

I like the smilies (adds tone to the email and might avoid some fallings out we’ve had before)

Love the front page with all the new topics in one place.

Love the link to the latest post on a thread

Would like to see who origianlly posted along with the latest poster (to save clicking into a post only to realise it is the same postas when you last viewed it)

ton

needs a rules link
    to tell us what we can, cannot post.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I like it.

I like the fact that the poster names are directly linked to the profile.
    I also like (in a lol way) the status of the poster (see the ‘Blocked’ member above!)

One slightly annoying feature is that on IE6 (at work, no choice before you ask), when you refresh the page, the page is drawn, pauses long enough for you to scroll & click on a link, then jumps a bit as the add kicks in resulting in somewhat random clicking.

It’d be nice to have a ‘go to top’ button or similar as well.

Aside from that, top work fellas 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘New Forum – User Feedback’ is closed to new replies.