Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New forks £100 ish to spend
  • hilton83
    Free Member

The sr suntour forks on my wife’s specialized myka hardtail are well on their way out, she has been riding for nearly two years and doing well, improving all the time.

She’s got a budget of about £100 and would like something that will be an improvement over what she has now but obviously she’s not exactly looking for the lightest most awesome performing fork on the market, the best deal I can find is a set of 2013 rockshox XC 30 tk for £111. Anybody know what these are like? Easy to home service? Or any better alternatives out there?

andyl
    Free Member

2nd hand or save up more. I can’t see anything around £100 being much of in improvement.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Spend a bit more and get a proper fork like a tora 302 solo 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Secondhand Reba or (decent) Tora, surely?

binners

GO for a set of Tora’s. They can be had for under £100 from the far east ebay shops. I’m amazed at the performance of them compared to the Revelations on my other bike. Not the lightest thing in the world, but performance-wise, for the money, fantastic!

mlucas666
    Free Member

I would be on the lookout for second hand set of RS Recons.

amedias
    Free Member

recons from on-one @119.99

EDIT: just noticed out of stock, still, they *were* a good deal

smcicr
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m shortly going to be putting a pair of 2010, 140mm, QR, Recon 355’s on the classifieds if that’s of any interest?

210mm steerer.

Looking for £100 posted. Have a few rough and ready pics but was planning on cleaning them up fully before getting them advertised 🙂

Regards,

Jason.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Had a shot of recon tk coils from on one that were on a cheap carbon 456 build,

EDIT: just noticed out of stock

This is a good thing 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New forks £100 ish to spend’ is closed to new replies.