Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Forest sportives..
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Taking the pish surely?!

They don’t want cyclists but they seem quite happy to take the money that was aimed to benefit cycling..

Serious note: I hope I never have need to go to the NF – the nimbyism/parochialism that pervades the area is disturbing.

ninfan
    Free Member

I’m loosely involved in this, having spent some time advising some of the guys town there on ways and meand to take a proper challenge forward – the more you learn, the more you realise the whole national park authority/verderers/parish council situation has descended into a full on rotten borough.

Worth a read:

NATIONAL PARK DENIES A SAYNot for the first time, I found myself a lone voice on the New Forest National Park…

Posted by Councillor David Harrison on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Worth a listen:

Plan ‘B’

My opinion is pretty clear – if they want to do something at Rhinefield, then they should leave the road as it is and create a dedicated family friendly scenic cycle path running parallel to the ornamental drive – could do that and still have enough money to spare to build a load more paths too!

Lummox

Just reading some of the ‘agenda’ for the nfa Boils my piss, frustratingly though there is no acceptance that people like to ride off road as well as on it.

Jumped up nimby wa+#%{s

I’m still on for the mass trespass that was mentioned before

leftyboy
    Free Member

Been that way in the Forest for many many years. I’d like to see the funding withdrawn and make them pay tax for all the animals roaming around.

The whole tacks on the road thing needs sorting too, the police need to sort it out before someone is seriously injured.

We don’t ride there anymore just because there are better placed to ride where the locals aren’t ****!

scaredypants

All the ornamental drive needs is some one-way signs

I’ll even put ’em in for under a million quid

FieldMarshall

As a NF local and cyclist, i am disappointed but not surprised.

There is so much that could be done to improve cycling access (both on and off road) in the forest.

I’m in support of more trails at Moors Valley as my son really enjoys riding there but it shouldn’t be funded by the NFNPA.

Cant even be bothered to get angry about this anymore. But would be up for a mass trespass.

scaredypants

TBH, I don’t see the point in a mass trespass either – unless it was genuinely huge, and that’s not going to happen because I think most feel:

I’m happy enough just ignoring them; they’re utterly irrelevant to my life

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, Yesterday three cyclists were taken to hospital with serious injuries after being hit by a car, the driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving

then this morning, another cyclist has been hit by a caravan on the road they want to resurface with the family cycling money….

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

nice scenery but too many cattle grids

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Forest sportives..’ is closed to new replies.