• This topic has 30 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cokie.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • new flux from turner
  • fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

and very nice looking too – looks like turner is dropping ally and going for an all out carbon range

more info here
    http://www.turnerbikes.com/bikes/flux-v4-0/

Kryton57

Arse. This is my post racing retirement bike. If the can just keep it going for a few years…

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

Arse. This is my post racing retirement bike. If the can just keep it going for a few years…

why wait – treat yourself now – you deserve it !!

adsh
    Free Member

A pound heavier than the outgoing alloy frame?

Sorry doesn’t do it for me. Love my 2013 26″ raw flux, wpuld have ‘updated’ to the 27.5 version but the carbon offering leaves me cold.

phiiiiil

I saw that earlier while in the process of bankrupting myself for some new bushings for my olde 5-spot. If I suddenly came into a lot of money (for, indeed, they are a lot of money) I’d have one of those in a heartbeat, it looks just how a bike should look in my opinion.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ll hold my hands up to being a Turner owner and a Turner fan. One thing I do like with their carbon bikes is that the chainstays are lower than they were on the alu dw bikes. It looks more like a conventional diamond frame than most bikes out there these days.

convert

Still not very long – barely any change from the 2009 variant I still have, although the head angle has changed a fair bit. It’s a prettier bike but the length would put me off. Weight is odd too – a claimed pound heavier than the alu 2009 variant. Either it’s been beefed up quite a bit or the old weight was without shock and the new one with or that’s not great progress.

andybrad

ive allways fancied a turner but with the demise of the burner (still kicking myself for not buying one) and now no alloy im lost.

sam_underhill

If only I didn’t have a carbon Czar and an alloy Burner, there would be a space for that in my fleet!

michaelbowden

I loved my HL 5-Spot, and have been waiting for Turner to build up their carbon line-up.

But it’s the pressfit BB that’s the big no for me. The Praxis Works one I run in my Stumpjumper has pretty much fixed the creaking problems, but I’d much rather have a threaded BB.

Even Specialized has gone back to threaded on the new Enduro.

adsh
    Free Member

White accentuates it but surely it’s about time they went internal cable routing?

The fact that alloy is history makes me glad I never sold this

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GK36is]2016-05-30_12-41-39[/url] by [/url], on Flickr

coogan
    Free Member

Looks very lush to me. I’m hoping he may churn out a carbon 5 Spot. That would make me very happy indeed. And I’ll be honest, I like the fact he keeps the external cabling. My Pivot has internal, looks nice, but fiddly when changing things around.

Trimix
    Free Member

I like the way the dropper post cable rubs the rear shock shaft.

Brilliant 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

It doesn’t though. Same set up on my rfx and there’s bags of clearance.

mactheknife

Exactly ^ those photos make it look like the cable routing is a bit bonkers what with the white on black but it’s the same as my RFX and it’s pretty bang on. And as for internal cable routing – why?? It’s hateful. You can hear my mates coming a mile as their cables rattle around inside their frames. Nope people love to point out supposed faults but after riding a few turner’s the proof is in the ride. I have never come away underwhelmed.

Trimix
    Free Member

Properly installed internally routed cables wont rattle.

DanW
    Free Member

I like that it just looks like a bike and probably rides pretty damned well. Reach is a touch short and stack a touch low for me, press fit BB is something I’d rather not have given the choice but the cable routing really is awful. Even if the dropper cable didn’t interfere with the shock it is still a mess. I’d personally prefer internal too and never had a rattle from it.

damskivitch
    Free Member

A mighty fine looking bike, much want! However, the TERRIBLE cut out image on their website is really annoying me! If they’d have asked, I’d have done it for the cost of a frame… 😀

The-Beard

I like!

I cannot afford.

Will add to the list of bikes I like but cannot afford.

It is a long list.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Turner continue to rattle out bikes that are both ugly and expensive. I’d like to try an RFX though!.

dickie
    Free Member

Turner continue to rattle out bikes that are both lovely to look at, ride lovely, fit me perfectly & are priced similar to other boutique brands.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oooohhhh…. boutique! Get you! 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

That new one is a very handsome bike IMHO. Can’t think of a better looking frame. 140mm travel and a 1.5deg slacker HA and I’d be very tempted. They have to release a new 5 spot, don’t they?

mactheknife

It’s funny how designs split people. I like the simplicity of Turner designs and the fact they ride so bloody well. Each to their own though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think I want a Czar but with stealth routing for my XCP dropper post. Don’t think that flux is enough of an upgrade over mine.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

this

Turner continue to rattle out bikes that are both lovely to look at, ride lovely

backed up with turners customer care which is second to none very much means
    this

They have to release a new 5 spot, don’t they

would be very hard to resist if it were to happen

rexated
    Free Member

Weight is odd too – a claimed pound heavier than the alu 2009 variant.

Mrs Turner has confirmed that weight for a medium is 5.6lb – so the website is showing a typo.

Kryton57

A Turner for me is a proper dream bike. If I bought one now my needs would be a Czar for racing, but I see race bikes as almost disposable in that they get beaten up very quickly. But what I really want is to end my my MTB days pootling into The Sunset on my local trails with a boutique trail bike aka the Flux would be my perfect bike for that in high spec, no doubt bought with the premium bonds contributions I make, when the time is right.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skHjhdDHm0w[/video]

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Watched that video yesterday.

Interesting what DT says about building it down for more milage or building it up for more aggro use. Used to be able to do that with the HL 5 spot.

cokie

Love this! Looks fantastic and geometry looks good. Love DT’s ethos too.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘new flux from turner’ is closed to new replies.