• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lion.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Fence … Paint or Stain?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Got a new fence to make in the next few weeks.. Mrs cloudnine wants it black.

Which stain or paint?
    What’s going to last better?

twang
    Free Member

Oil based stain, pissed down so it penetrates..dont get it on your veggies though.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Spray on or paint?

spacemonkey

I did a lot of research 3yrs ago when painting our summerhouse. Osmo, Zinsser and Bedec (barn paint) came out on top. Opted for Bedec (French Grey) and it looks the same today as it did then.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

My FIL works for Bedec, he has sorted me plenty of their paint along the way and it is excellent stuff.

brennanpj
    Free Member

http://www.wood-finishes-direct.com/product/wood-preservative

This barrantines wood preservative is the business. comes in various colours.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Our fence came treated. No idea how, nor with what. But the fence-builder-gardener-guy told me not to treat it with anything. He was so adamant that even the thought of treating it fills me with an uncomfortable and inexplicable amount of dread.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The fence will be made of pressure treated timber but Mrs cloudnine wants it black… Thanks for the suggestions will take a closer look this evening. I wanted to order the stain or paint pretty soon so I can paint the timber before the erection commences…

dmck16
    Free Member

lion
    Free Member

As has been suggested bedec barn paint or bedec msp both good. Sadolin superdec would be another option

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Fence … Paint or Stain?’ is closed to new replies.