Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New family tent
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looking to get a roomier family tent on a budget. Anybody tried the Quechua ones from Decathlon?

giant_scum
    Free Member

Got the 4 person pop up one, decent enough tent mostly used it for work been away for the weekend in it with the family not sure how it would be for a week or so! Dead easy to put up and put down, f you are in central Scotland you would be more than welcome to come along and see mine.

trailmonkey

Just picked up a Vango Tigris 800 for £249 from outdoormegastore.co.uk.

Added a footprint and carpet, £320 all in.

Torminalis
    Free Member

For not much more you can get a small bell tent which are excellent and you will actually love your tent rather than lament it plastic sweatiness. and you can stick a wood burner in it if you fancy. I happen to have a nice wood burner for a tent if you fancy making an offer… 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

We bought a Quecha one about a month ago, this one in fact, and went camping in it last weekend. Can't fault it – very easy for put up, enough room for 5 of us, plus 2 dogs, and all the associated gubbins that women and children mysteriously drag round with them. For £100 I can't fault it.

Oh, and I would add, I ordered it online from the Glasgow store at about 3pm, and it arrived in the postie's van the following morning.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Go for a polycotton one if you can. Dries faster and feels ten times better than the nylon ones. Outwell do some good ones.

stanfree
    Free Member

This seems like a good deal , Go to the Go Outdoors in Coatbridge as they have a great display area where you get a good idea of the tent. We bought a big Vango for £299 which just about shat myself paying for . But used It 3 times now and Its probably almost payed for Its self already . Even my 14 year old daughter dosent mind camping with us know as the tent is massive.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Tenting SUCKS BIG TIME?
    Buy a caravan or 2 ❗

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers everybody, some good deals out there. We fancy one with a central area and a porch and two sleepin areas off the central area. The one we have just now feels a bit cramped when the weather isn't so great.

Dogsby

We bought a Sprayway Valley 6 in polycotton for £500 but it did come with a free porch. It is marvellous and the polycotton is a great material that just feels more substantial. It is a bit heavier and therefore more difficult to put up but worth the effort.

Dogsby

BigJohn

Tesco have got 6-man Vis a vis tents for about £60. We bought a 4-man the other week and took it to Devon where it withstood the wind and rain like a goodun. Plenty of room for a six-footer to stand up in.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

We also bought a Vango Tigris 800 for £249 from outdoormegastore.co.uk go through Quidco and you get 10% cashback as well.
    We have used it 4 times now, its a really good tent with loads of space and its held up in some heavy rain and wind, the only thing that annoys me is the time it takes to assemble/disassemble. I also had a campsite owner moan it was too big, but it wasn't as big as some of the other tents on the site.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

http://www.belltents.co.uk – loads of space and take minutes to put up, even on your own

monotokpoint
    Free Member

soz Torminalis, just saw your suggestion :o)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New family tent’ is closed to new replies.