• This topic has 130 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • New Evil Bikes 29er!
  • toons
    Free Member

Has anybody got one yet?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Has anybody got one yet?

A few on the MTBR board have, worth a look there if you are after info. Guessing there are a couple in the UK as Invisiframe put up a picture of a frame they were doing, and now have templates available for 2 frame sizes. I believe next UK batch is end of the month, I’m waiting impatiently….

z1ppy

which sizes.. not XL I’m guessing
    :mrgreen:

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

It’s definitely on the top of the list of potential FS bikes for me.

Just wonder how long it will be before I’m able to demo one?? Not entirely sure who stocks Evil Bikes near me either 🙁

The owners in the states posting on the MTBR forums seem pretty pleased with them.

As does Luke Strobel with his…

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/ONE-LAP-Lars-Sternberg-Luke-Strobel-Xanadu,28310/iceman2058,94

z1ppy

KoB they come in the end of the month (as mentioned above), so dealers will have them not long after. I’d suggest contacting Silverfish to see who your local dealer is & contact them, though it does ‘seem’ anyone who deals with SF can buy one from them ATM..
    As to demo bikes.. try asking SF if there going to build any up? As there’s not much in the way of a dealer network ATM & seemingly there selling fast.
    Mboy runs a shop (Missing Link in Droitwich) and is buying one, I think it maybe going down as a business “demo”, though if he’ll actually let anyone get there greasey little hands on it, is another matter.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Cheers z1ppy. I got in touch yesterday and they’ve confirmed as much. Delivery due at the end of the month/start of next. No demo bikes planned so down to stockists. No stockists near me (Leeds) or none that I recognise. Spotted Missing Link although it’s quite a trek from me. Options are looking limited.

Is Missing Link who you’ve ordered from z1ppy? Who have you ordered through Doug?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Pedals in Edinburgh, not a dealer but a Silverfish stockist at the end of my street happy to sort me out. I’d highly recommend them, but no demo.

z1ppy

Yep KoB, finally succumbed to ordering something & without a demo to complain about

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Well done both. Looking forward to seeing them on here when finished. Presume you’re both buying frame only?

I think the best approach for me might be to travel somewhere that has stock to throw a leg over one in store. I can then confirm sizing/fit before making any decision. I’m sure it would be Large like most manufacturers and the numbers seem to suggest so.

Until then I’ll do some virtual tyre kicking to pass the time 🙂

toons
    Free Member

dave read came 3rd in the masters at PMBA enduro #1 on his:

source
    First race of the season done, a solid 3rd place to kick of the season. All my new kit is rad and the evil 29er re writes the rules on big bikes. Thanks to the sponsors, lookin forward to a great season. @ride100percent @royalracing @7protection @invisiframe @evilbicycles @twelve50_bikes @landscapemagazine @fiveten_bike Mtb-city

z1ppy

mmmMMMMMM

KOP, frame from distributor, shop will be providing most of the kit one way or another. No idea when the full bike build kit will be available but it’s far from a bargain (& I’m not interest in 1×11 :mrgreen: ).

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘New Evil Bikes 29er!’ is closed to new replies.