Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New email question.
  • dahedd
    Free Member

Needing a,New, e-mail after leaving BT.

Which is better? Gmail or Hotmail ?

Opinions please chaps ?

handyman153
    Free Member

Gmail… Simple as, I wouldn’t even consider using anything else..

All my own domain emails come through the Gmail suite too

Too add a reason – Its super easy to access anywhere, the new Gmail app is great! And it seems secure, identifying new location log-ins and computer ID’s, which is useful when working in multiple different locations

seosamh77
    Free Member

gmail.

the-muffin-man

Gmail – just works!

jimdubleyou

Gmail, but use the Inbox interface – it’s brilliant.

DezB
    Free Member

Last time I saw hotmail it was just full of Spam. Gmail blocks 99.9%* of it.

*not a precise figure

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rocketmail,

I may be a little out of date.

Cougar

I use both. Gmail’s pretty much essential for me given that I have an Android phone. Hotmail’s interface is arguably cleaner, so long as you disable the new features they add occasionally. They recently added a “feature” which automatically deletes newsletter emails after 30 days, I only noticed it when a couple of thousand emails suddenly appeared in Deleted Items.

allan23
    Free Member

Rocketmail,

I may be a little out of date.

No more out of date than anyone refering to Hotmail – it’s been through two rebrands since it was Hotmail 🙂

Hotmail is now Outlook.com and isn’t too terrible, GMail and Outlook.com have good bits and bad bits, try both, see which bad bits irritate you the most then use the other one. I use both.

Spam filtering on Outlook.com is as good as most other services these days. I find it a bit too enthusiastic at times.

keithr
    Free Member

Gmail’s pretty much essential for me given that I have an Android phone

K-9 Mail is an excellent POP3 client for Android, Cougar – got it on all my portable devices, and it means I can access all of my emails on my phone etc, not just the GMail ones.

(I know you can configure GMail to pick up POP3/IMAP).

Twodogs

I would have to disagree about Outlook.com spam filtering recently…I never used to get any, but for the last 3 weeks I’ve been getting 10+ a day.

Cougar

K-9 Mail is an excellent POP3 client for Android, Cougar

You misunderstand I think – I meant having a Google account generally for Android’s cloud syncing, Store management &c.

redthunder
    Free Member
    nwmlarge
    Free Member

Gmail, I’m stuck with Outlook for now and it makes me sad

zippykona

Outlook gives me a little number to let me know how many emails I have. Gmail doesnt.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New email question.’ is closed to new replies.