Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Dodge Charger, anyone driven one?
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

I’m off to the states in August and have been offered (among other cars) a Dodge Charger for thr two weeks I’m out there.

Are they any good?

Will I be able to fit a mountain bike in the boot (trunk).

Thanks for any helpful advice. Ya boo shucks to you for any not so helpful comments.

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sootyandjim was running a bit late for a meeting….

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Lol.

No, I’ve been offerd one that looks like this,

Special_ized_Jamie

That is just about the most ugly car I have ever seen!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ah so that’s where this got it’s styling references from!

epicyclo

Ugh, the new one is not a patch on the old one.

With the old one and a nice big snorting tuned hemi engine, you could see the body twist when the power was applied. Not that you would care because the noise and smoke from the tyres was even more attention grabbing.

The new one is probably faster point to point though, and may even stop ok.

petrieboy

drove the old one once, very very disappointing. have not watched the dukes of hazzard since – childhood memory ruined. Avoid. oh and you just know the new one will be bobbins! at least the old one looked nice!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Do it. Unless the alternatives have more power. The car may handle like dirt but I can tell you from personal experience you will not get bored of Hemi power.

tops5
    Free Member

I had one on hire for two weeks in Florida – it’s no muscle car unles you get the hemi one

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Do they do an SRT version? if so get that one.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The Charger I’ve been offered the use of is an SRT8, which I’m led to believe is the ‘sporty’ one. ‘Top 5’ – What was boot space like?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Oh my. Go for it. I’ve not driven the charger but I drove some Hemi powered trucks which were blisteringly quick. At a guess I’d say boot space will be good as it’s a pretty big (like most american) car.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

If I’m honest the sheer ‘grunt’ is tempting me though I really need something that get me and my mountain bike about.

flange
    Free Member

I have – they’re alright for a laugh but pretty boring after a while. Our SRT keep overheating as well, and it was ‘straight off the lot’ so to speak

The mustang we had was MUCH better.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Well my brother (who I’m popping over there to see) has a Mustang, though a Roush tuned one, so I might get a chance to compare and contrast.

Its got to be better to drive than his old Dodge Viper, gees that was horrible (though great once it got going, but only in a straight line).

Still, as long as it can get me and my mountain bike to the places I need to go thats all that matters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Dodge Charger, anyone driven one?’ is closed to new replies.