• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New DH brakes recommendation
  • breninbeener

I have some Avid Codes on my DH bike. They work fine but i fancy something new. The usual suspects as Zee or Saint from Shimano or E4 and V4 from Hope.

I was going to reuse the 200mm rotors that i have unless there is a problem with that?

Cost wise i can get a pr of Saint for 225 and the Hopes are 124 or 140 for e4/v4.

My daughter has v4 on her dh bike and i like them. My smaller bikes run xt brakes and i like them too.

I would be cross if the Shimano offerings were disposable….and im guessing really i want the v4. Im 85kg and ride Antur Revs and a fortnight in the alps every yr.

What do people recommend?

tuboflard

Just put a set of Zees on my DH bike with the old Avid rotors still on there. Very happy with them, very powerful and a nice feel, much like a more powerful XT brake (without the reliability issues)

chakaping
    Free Member

much like a more powerful XT brake (without the reliability issues)

Don’t speak too soon.

The Zee stuff must be due a revamp soon, hasn’t it been out about 4 years now?

bigjim

I’ve had zees for two years and they’ve been totally flawless, wouldn’t look at anything else for the price.

twonks

I’m not into downhill but at over 100Kg and quite quick when going down, Zees stop me perfectly.

So much so that it’s a bit of a struggle hanging on sometimes when braking hard and the tyres grip well. 😆

This is coming from years of XT brakes. Not used Hope since the C2 went out of production about a million years ago so can’t compare.

breninbeener

There seems a lot of love for zee here! 🙂

5lab

Zee’s were good at £70, but since the price has gone up, I’d say hope at a fiver more is worth it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New DH brakes recommendation’ is closed to new replies.