Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New Curtis
  • Bumhands
    Free Member

Well the frames new.

09 Curtis Freeride with T45 tubes.

The difference is the rear dropouts and the seat stay wields now align with the TT.
    Just looks a bit cleaner looking like the SX frames.

Wanted it to look nice and understated in black, with silver CK Hubs & headset.

Currently in commute mode. The knobblies go on this weekend. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

classy

tails
    Free Member

Ay gotta agree with lightyear very nice looking bike. I toyed with the idea myself before getting a chameleon (which I still haven’t shown pics of) More pics please

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Nice looking rig. What does the frame weigh?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Very nice indeed.

MrAgreeable

That is one buttery whip. :thumb:

gamo
    Free Member

yup looks good!

househusband

Lovely – understated, too.

*opens new tab and looks at Curtis website…*

Burchy1
    Free Member

:copies Househusband:

That is really nice.

robidoo
    Free Member

Not jealous!

MUCH!

More pics please 😆

Bumhands
    Free Member

Thanks for the nice comments.

Will get some more shots this weekend. Weight wise I’m not sure but this builds around 29lbs.
    If weight is a primary concern I would go for the Reynolds or Racelight T45 tubes option.

If your in the market for a new frame def consider spending a few more quid on a Curtis and supporting
    a small UK frame maker. The bloke who answers the phone is the bloke who welds the tubes.

Plus for £100 they shot blast your frame and repaint it in a colour of your choice with
    new decals so effectively you always have a new bike.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

One of my riding buddies has a custom 853 XC Curtis. Its lurvely. and I want one.

Jamie
    Free Member

Very nice….liking the XC reynolds on Curtis website, but unfortunately out of my price range at the mo.

clunker

Very nice, wife would kill me.

Farticus

I tried, and failed, to get a Curtis on the Bike to Work scheme – got a Ti456 instead. Every time I go to their site I dream of selling the Ti456…

Still hanker after a Reynolds XC with PMW dropouts as seen on their site. There’s something just *right* about them. Big mud clearance, and in the raw finish they are pure class.

thepodge
    Free Member

that is a very nice looking bike.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Gary has built another stunning frame, a true quality frame builder.
    Had my 853 s/s 6 months now and always prefer to ride instead of the Flux!!!

MrSmith
    Free Member

i like the understated paint and graphics.
    so did they give you a new frame with a back end that lines up with the front or did you have to buy another one?

sssimon
    Free Member

had this for two years now, needs a respray and i’m going to get the braces changed on the rear end (it was an experiment for gary/brian and they work but have never really looked right). might even get the downtube changer to stiffen it laterally but scared it will lose compliance

this was the first one with an 853 rear end and I’m pretty sure it’s the only one with the paragon dropouts as I had to supply them myself. it’s the frame and bike in the pics on the website too

despite it’s flaws i only have one thing to say about it…..

best bike ever

brakes
    Free Member

the perfect bike for peeling round old st roundabout
    very nice

mushrooms
    Free Member

stays look a bit thin 😕

sssimon
    Free Member

that always freaks me out on the T45 frames, stays like pencils

messiah
    Free Member

Drool!

If I ever have/decide to replace my Balfa Minuteman with another hardtail a Curtis is at the top of the list.

Cheers for posting a pic… added to my folder of lovely Curtis pictures 😳

wwaswas

16 hours and no-one’s commented on valve/tyre logo line up.

*shakes head*

VanHalen

*starts saving*

Bumhands
    Free Member

Does anyone actually line up the values and logos or is it just a STW running joke?

Might be selling a 17.5″ Curtis frame with a raw finish in the near future so watch this space….

CountZero

Pretty bike! Love Curtis frames. Bump into Gary sometimes in town, nice bloke, very friendly, and a damn good framebuilder.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Love the Freerides. Toyed with getting one myself at one point and was having a little play on one a couple of weeks back. Lovely bikes.

teddy
    Free Member

i had a curtis expert bmx….
    my mum chucked it out when i moved out.
    been trying to forget that one.
    20 years on

bobster
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of a freeride at the mo, be interested in your comments on how it rides.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New Curtis’ is closed to new replies.